Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Houston - Yao Ming - C - China (This is a done deal)
2. Chicago - Jay Williams - PG - Duke (Jay wants Chicago, Chicago wants him. No other reason not to pick him.)
3. Golden State - Mike Dunleavy - SF - Duke (This seems like a done deal too, Dunleavy wouldn't have stayed in the draft if he wasn't in the top 3)
4. Memphis - Drew Gooden - PF - Kansas (West is impressed with him. The only other possibility is Tskitishvilli and we will see how his meeting with West goes.)
5. Denver - Nickoloz Tskitishvilli - PF - Italy (Prepare for future. Other choice could be Wagner but It looks like Denver is rebuilding and want a potential superstar.)
6. Cleveland - Caron Butler - SF -- UConn (Some people have them picking Wilcox but that would be stupid because then you have two projects in him and Diop. Bring in the guy that will help you right now.)
7. New York - Chris Wilcox - PF - Maryland (Knicks love him, have a need a PF, he is best PF left, so he is their choice.)
8. LA Clippers - Nene Hilario - PF - Brazil (Big man of the future, insurance if either Brand or Olowokandi leaves.)
9. Phoenix Suns - Jared Jeffries - PF - Indiana (Best PF left and has had very impressive workouts with the suns. They don't want to wait on Stoudemire.)
10. Miami Heat - Dajuan Wagner - G - Memphis (Need scoring help in the backcourt and that is his speciality.)
11. Washington - Qyntell Woods - SF - Juco (Scorer of the future. One year playing under MJ will help him a lot.)
12. LA Clippers - Curtis Borchardt - C - Stanford (Read #8)
13. Milwaukee Bucks - Melvin Ely - PF - Fresno St. (Reports say front office has their eyes set on him. Gives them the lost post presence they need.)
14. Indiana - Kareem Rush - SG - Missouri (Reggie can't play forever)
15. Houston - Bostjan Nachbar - SF - Italy (Fill their other need at SF. Will contribute right away.)
16. Philadelphia - Amare Stoudemire - PF - HS (If the Warriors on this pick, it will be Dickau, if not I predict Stoudemire. Could be their C when Mutombo leaves and could play PF now. Larry Brown's coaching will help him a lot.)
17. Charlotte Hornets - Jiri Welsch - SG - Czech (Won't fall passed them, Need help at both G positions and that is what he will give you.)
18. Orlando - Marcus Haislip - PF - Tennessee (Do you take Dickau who would fill a need at PG, or do you take Haislip who would fill the need at PF? I say Haislip because he is best player left.)
19. Utah Jazz - Dan Dickau - PG - Gonzaga (The Jazz like those PG from Gonzaga and stockton is getting old)
20. Toronto - Frank Williams - PG - Illinois (Fill a big need at the PG position.)
21. Portland - Chris Jeffries - SG - Fresno St. (Could become their true Kobe stopper)
22. Phoenix Suns - John Salmons - G - Miami (Stock has risen and had very impressive workouts with the suns. Will give them depth at the 1, 2, and 3.)
23. Detriot Pistons - Mladin Sekularac - G - Yugoslavia (Will give them anothe scorer that they need)
24. New Jersey - Carlos Boozer - PF - Duke (best player left and gives them a banger down low)
25. Denver - Roger Mason - G - Viriginia (Can play both guard positions and Nuggets need help at both positions)
26. San Antionio - Nenad Kristic - C - Yugoslavia (Appearantly they love him and can have him develop in Europe for one more year and come play when Robinson retires)
27. LA Lakers - Sam Clancy - PF - USC (Need help at PF and he is best player aviabable. I wouldn't take in to account his Knee injury because i heard it isnt that serious compared to other knee injurys.
28. Sacramento Kings - David Anderson - PF - Australia (pick him and let him develop till you need him.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty good mock draft all around, although I don't know if Jordan would want Qyntel Woods. I would think that he would go for a more polished player, perhaps Bostjan Nachbar.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MJ

I think will pick Woods because he knows they need a superstar for the future and someone to replace him offensively.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Not bad.....but if Prince is available the Lakers will probably take him

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Any mock draft that has Wagner/Woods falling to the Heat,is a mock I AGREE with!

If Wagner falls to the Heat and Woods is still on the board the Wiz WILL take him!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx Lunatic and Wilt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts