Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone else here has noticed this or pointed it out yet, but Moiso doesn't do shoot-around with the team. At least he didn't at the Hornets game.

Instead, Moiso comes out beforehand with Bob and another trainer and does drills one-on-one with our assistant coach. When the team comes out for shoot-around, Moiso goes back to the locker room or somewhere else with the coach, and does not return until the game is about to start.

I don't think the Raps have "given up" on Moiso yet, but seperating him from the team during warm-ups certainly doesn't help him feel like he's part of our franchise. I wonder if our coaches are focussing on improving specific aspects of his game, or if he is just so bad that he needs personal supervision. Does anyone have a read on this?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>Slasher</b>!
How do you know this?
My friend went to the Hornets game. He got in as soon as they opened the doors at the ACC and he saw Moiso doing drills with Beyer about an hour or so before the game.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, I can't say whether this has been the case in any other game. I was hoping someone else who has been to a live game a little early would chime in to confirm or repute this theory.

Nonetheless, I did find it interesting that whatever Bob was doing with Moiso in that pre-game was something that either wasn't addressed in practice, which is odd, or something ongoing that requires personal attention. Couple that with Archibald getting minutes over Moiso, and maybe there is something to it.

When Bradley comes back, Moiso might just as well not be on the team. Unless we get a slew of injuries (*knock on wood*) or Moiso suddenly impresses KO in practice, I don't see Moiso playing again.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Well thats one game, and really doesn't mean anything. Many reasons could lie beneath that.
..well there is something there - the latest thing now is Moiso skips huddle up's on the time outs. He just sits there with a towel on his head or lap.

...ya I know the kid is not going to get in there but it does not go well for building team spirit. Shows you how classy JYD was because he was in the thick of things win, loose or DNP CD.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You have to feel for Moiso tho, he got one chance and hasn't seen the court again.

Also, the team spirit problem lies in KO's hands I think, he alienates players, for example Moiso and Lamond. He makes them feel like they aren't even part of the team. You can see why they have no spirit, Moiso used to be into the games but has given up lately.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KeonBackinTO</b>!
Also, the team spirit problem lies in KO's hands I think, he alienates players, for example Moiso and Lamond. He makes them feel like they aren't even part of the team. You can see why they have no spirit, Moiso used to be into the games but has given up lately.
I think I agree - seems like if you go in KO's dog house you may never come out unless there is an injury (you are forced out).

I know people say KO is a good head shrink - he knows how to manipulate people into getting the most out of them. But KO has much to learn about the psycie of an NBA millionaire... It is different when you are a coach - vs. assistant.

I don't know what the answer is but KO is walking a fine line ww'll have to see how Murray and Moiso work out in the long run....

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>charlz</b>!
..well there is something there - the latest thing now is Moiso skips huddle up's on the time outs. He just sits there with a towel on his head or lap.
I noticed this the other night. If the team is two feet away huddled around KO, Moiso is at the end of the row of chairs sitting quietly by himself, not really paying attention. :dead:

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
We have to start playing Moiso, the market value for Moiso and Murray is ****, gotta start playing them if you wan't to move them.
They were showing GG right now and were talking about the Murray situation and saying no one will pick him up and a big man is needed and to get one Mo Pete might have to be dealt to get one.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Junkyard Dog13</b>!
We have to start playing Moiso, the market value for Moiso and Murray is ****, gotta start playing them if you wan't to move them.
They were showing GG right now and were talking about the Murray situation and saying no one will pick him up and a big man is needed and to get one Mo Pete might have to be dealt to get one.
What difference will Moiso make?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KeonBackinTO</b>!
You have to feel for Moiso tho, he got one chance and hasn't seen the court again.

No I don't feel for Moiso or any other player that gets paid millions when they complain about playing time.

·
Registered
745 Posts

No I don't feel for Moiso or any other player that gets paid millions when they complain about playing time.
Money isn't everything.

Moiso isnt getting a chance here in TO, he doesn't even get garbage time. Why not put him in the final minute of today's game, when up by 10.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

What difference will Moiso make?
he is a poor a poor man's Bosh lanky athletic can swat shots.
But I was very impressed with Archiebald today if he can play the same way every night until Bradley is healthy hopefully we can move to atleast 5-6 games over 500 and try to push for home court.

·
Registered
510 Posts
This is somewhat true.
I went to Sunday's Portland game and sat down about 45 mins. And what did I see? None other than Jerome Moiso and Michael Curry practising together. without anybody else around (except for ball boy shooting hoops at the other side of the court.

From the looks of it, it seemed like Michael Curry was helping him learn how to drive to the hoop better.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by <b>DINOSAUR</b>!
This is somewhat true.
I went to Sunday's Portland game and sat down about 45 mins. And what did I see? None other than Jerome Moiso and Michael Curry practising together. without anybody else around (except for ball boy shooting hoops at the other side of the court.

From the looks of it, it seemed like Michael Curry was helping him learn how to drive to the hoop better.
Ok. I was hoping someone else could confirm what my friend said.

Moiso might not be getting any playing time, but it doesn't look like our coaches have forgotten about him.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!

Ok. I was hoping someone else could confirm what my friend said.

Moiso might not be getting any playing time, but it doesn't look like our coaches have forgotten about him.
Yah I agree, I don't think they forgot about him either. It seems like there using him as an experiment. Like grooming him to there liking, making him a type of player that they want. They know he has talent, the coaches just need to tap it out him.

If they gave up on him, then he would of been out of here by now, sorta like Bateer, Brunson.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Sounds like good news and bad news.

Good news that the coaches and players are working with Moiso to help him improve.

Bad news that he is still so pathetic after all that attention that he can't see the floor.

When you see how little we need from a center, Archibald, to consider him a success it is just astounding that Moiso cannot deliver that with all his physical gifts.

I would love to get some tapes of Moiso playing at UCLA. Is his b-ball IQ really that bad? Does he have so little passion for the game that he can't rebound and play some D?

I have given up on ever seeing him contribute for the Raps. Either he or Bradley will be dealt by the deadline and the remaining guy wll be our 'insurance' big.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts