Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Game Day!
Since the VCU joined the A10 in 2012-13, the Rams are 89-33 in conference play for a .730 winning percentage. It is the best record in the conference during that time span.

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clearly a fact of significant relevance to today's slate of games.
It was in the VCU game notes. Good to be informed. Right Bona84? I will try to remember to share this again when conference play begins so you do not forget.

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking forward to watch some afternoon basketball as UD takes down the Bulldogs.

PS-Don't tell anyone where I work that I am watching ESPN online.

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are two games on the deuce today, with a long intermission.
Well, I have a game to go to a 7 pm. Since VCU is favored by 28.5 points I will probably be watching on my phone. The wifi in the Stu is absolutely horrible so that might thwart my plan.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Game Day!
Since the VCU joined the A10 in 2012-13, the Rams are 89-33 in conference play for a .730 winning percentage. It is the best record in the conference during that time span.
Not to take anything away from VCU's impressive A10 record, but scheduling Alabama State (330th) to play, from the worst conference in America (3 total wins so far) is not really following the JP Formula for success (I don't think). As a premier A10 member, you should be scheduling at least in the 100's.
Of course, scheduling Wisky may not be in our interest either. Go Spiders!

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to take anything away from VCU's impressive A10 record, but scheduling Alabama State (330th) to play, from the worst conference in America (3 total wins so far) is not really following the JP Formula for success (I don't think). As a premier A10 member, you should be scheduling at least in the 100's.
Alabama State is bunny yes. You might want to take a gander at VCU's OOC though. It is not easy. There is no danger of the selection committee looking at VCU's OOC and thinking it was a cake walk. Funny you mentioned them when UR just played the Little Sisters of the Poor.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Do either of you look at tournaments? You will see there are bad teams you must play in order to play good teams...

playing Bama St to get a chance at Purdue doesn’t seem like a bad deal.

We weren’t thrilled to get CSUN and McNeese instead of Green Bay and Colgate...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i hope that scheduling Wisky while watching the game isn’t in my interest either...

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do either of you look at tournaments? You will see there are bad teams you must play in order to play good teams...

playing Bama St to get a chance at Purdue doesn’t seem like a bad deal.

We weren’t thrilled to get CSUN and McNeese instead of Green Bay and Colgate...
I looked. Lunardi is shaping your tournament profile.

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like it when Tom Crean looks worried. UD putting a hurting on the Dawgs.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Not sure if this win is a better one than VCU's over LSU -- I think LSU is better than UGA. But this was probably the most impressive performance to date this year by an A10 team. Neutral court game against two teams many saw as "Last Four In" in the current bracket. Dawgs had what might be the #1 pick in the draft. The Flyers chewed UGA up and spit them out. Obi Toppin abused them like a rented mule despite never allowing a dunk.

Did our job today.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
JP's formula says "All wins are better than losses, period."

VCU's gotta have some easy wins on the schedule JUST IN CASE they don't beat their challenge games like LSU, Purdue, MVC Favorite Missouri Valley, and Wichita State.

VCU's schedule is basically perfect. Worst case, 8-4 no marquee wins. Best case 12-0 with 2 wins over ranked BCS teams, 2 mid-major key wins.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
The LSU win was very good. Good Quad 1 win.
Non con SOS at 237 not anything to set the world on fire.
But you're the expert, so I'm assuming they are on the right track.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts