Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Great job by UD.
Of course, now Va Tech is beating Michigan State, which costs UD a chance at the No. 3 team in the nation.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Great job by UD.
Of course, now Va Tech is beating Michigan State, which costs UD a chance at the No. 3 team in the nation.
Sorry about Dayton, but couldn't be happier for VTech. I watched their new coach (Mike Young) for years coaching Wofford and doing great things in a small conference. The VTech faithful were unhappy with his hiring after Buzz left, because he wasn't a big time coach. Bet they think a little differently now. I hope he does great there.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The LSU win was very good. Good Quad 1 win.
Non con SOS at 237 not anything to set the world on fire.
But you're the expert, so I'm assuming they are on the right track.
1. SOS live data is meaningless NOW, it's where they end up.

2. The key part here is "YOUR Record is OUR SOS."

The perfect schedule "FOR VCU" might be a lot harder than it is now -- like every BCS team they can get, no Alabama States, etc. But that's NOT perfect for the A-10. "Everyone for themselves" is how we get Juan Bid showing up: VCU, UD, DC, Bona, URI, all the way down play the toughest OOC SOS they can get, all go 4-8 or worse and then conference play is a bunch of 12-18 teams playing each other.

The perfect OOC Schedule for our contenders is what VCU did because it's the right balance of Good for VCU and Good for the A-10.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I suppose in the grand scheme of things, beating Va Tech and losing to Kansas would be better than losing to Michigan St and beating BYU/UCLA from a perception standpoint.

But L Va Tech, W UCLA would make VT's win a massive bummer.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Playing VT doesnt look like much of a consolation prize compared to before the season. They are undefeated and look really tough. They looked tough before the MSU win and now they look really tough. If UD can beat them, that would be another excellent non-con resume' builder as I see the Hokies fighting for an NCAA bid this year with their quickness, athleticism, and guard play. Then if UD can get by VT and play Kansas, its all house money.

At this point avoiding MSU isnt really that big a deal. We could have easily lost to MSU and played in the 3rd place game. Instead, we have a chance to still be a good NCAA caliber team in the semis and then Kansas for the marbles an Kansas is probably better than MSU anyway.

·
Piker
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
1. SOS live data is meaningless NOW, it's where they end up.

2. The key part here is "YOUR Record is OUR SOS."

The perfect schedule "FOR VCU" might be a lot harder than it is now -- like every BCS team they can get, no Alabama States, etc. But that's NOT perfect for the A-10. "Everyone for themselves" is how we get Juan Bid showing up: VCU, UD, DC, Bona, URI, all the way down play the toughest OOC SOS they can get, all go 4-8 or worse and then conference play is a bunch of 12-18 teams playing each other.

The perfect OOC Schedule for our contenders is what VCU did because it's the right balance of Good for VCU and Good for the A-10.
I don't think he realizes that Alabama State was an exempt game part of the Emerald Coast Classic. Whatever.

Great night for the A10.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts