Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Monday 11/25 Games

5K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  urmite 
#1 ·

See less See more
#2 ·
Game Day!
Since the VCU joined the A10 in 2012-13, the Rams are 89-33 in conference play for a .730 winning percentage. It is the best record in the conference during that time span.

#9 ·
Not to take anything away from VCU's impressive A10 record, but scheduling Alabama State (330th) to play, from the worst conference in America (3 total wins so far) is not really following the JP Formula for success (I don't think). As a premier A10 member, you should be scheduling at least in the 100's.
Of course, scheduling Wisky may not be in our interest either. Go Spiders!

#4 ·
It was in the VCU game notes. Good to be informed. Right Bona84? I will try to remember to share this again when conference play begins so you do not forget.

#6 ·
Looking forward to watch some afternoon basketball as UD takes down the Bulldogs.

PS-Don't tell anyone where I work that I am watching ESPN online.

#18 ·
Not sure if this win is a better one than VCU's over LSU -- I think LSU is better than UGA. But this was probably the most impressive performance to date this year by an A10 team. Neutral court game against two teams many saw as "Last Four In" in the current bracket. Dawgs had what might be the #1 pick in the draft. The Flyers chewed UGA up and spit them out. Obi Toppin abused them like a rented mule despite never allowing a dunk.

Did our job today.

#19 ·
JP's formula says "All wins are better than losses, period."

VCU's gotta have some easy wins on the schedule JUST IN CASE they don't beat their challenge games like LSU, Purdue, MVC Favorite Missouri Valley, and Wichita State.

VCU's schedule is basically perfect. Worst case, 8-4 no marquee wins. Best case 12-0 with 2 wins over ranked BCS teams, 2 mid-major key wins.

#24 ·
1. SOS live data is meaningless NOW, it's where they end up.

2. The key part here is "YOUR Record is OUR SOS."

The perfect schedule "FOR VCU" might be a lot harder than it is now -- like every BCS team they can get, no Alabama States, etc. But that's NOT perfect for the A-10. "Everyone for themselves" is how we get Juan Bid showing up: VCU, UD, DC, Bona, URI, all the way down play the toughest OOC SOS they can get, all go 4-8 or worse and then conference play is a bunch of 12-18 teams playing each other.

The perfect OOC Schedule for our contenders is what VCU did because it's the right balance of Good for VCU and Good for the A-10.

#23 ·
Sorry about Dayton, but couldn't be happier for VTech. I watched their new coach (Mike Young) for years coaching Wofford and doing great things in a small conference. The VTech faithful were unhappy with his hiring after Buzz left, because he wasn't a big time coach. Bet they think a little differently now. I hope he does great there.

#26 ·
Playing VT doesnt look like much of a consolation prize compared to before the season. They are undefeated and look really tough. They looked tough before the MSU win and now they look really tough. If UD can beat them, that would be another excellent non-con resume' builder as I see the Hokies fighting for an NCAA bid this year with their quickness, athleticism, and guard play. Then if UD can get by VT and play Kansas, its all house money.

At this point avoiding MSU isnt really that big a deal. We could have easily lost to MSU and played in the 3rd place game. Instead, we have a chance to still be a good NCAA caliber team in the semis and then Kansas for the marbles an Kansas is probably better than MSU anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.