Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/college-football...dgers-rb-montee-ball-victim-unprovoked-attack

Wisconsin senior running back Montee Ball was the victim of what police are calling an "unprovoked assault" early Wednesday in Madison, Wis.

Ball suffered head injuries after being attacked by five men near Wisconsin's campus around 2:15 a.m. Wednesday. Witnesses told police the men knocked Ball to the ground and began kicking him. Ball, a 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist, was taken to a hospital. A team spokesman said Ball spent two hours in the hospital before he was released. It is not known if he can practice Monday when camp opens.
So mad right now.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Must have been out of state kids, no way Wisconsin natives would do something like that to a guy like Ball.

I'm slightly curious as to what extent "unprovoked" means.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who knows. It was 2:15am, drunk guys have been known to try themselves against star athletes. You never know. And if no one saw what initially happened, that makes it seem unprovoked, because people would turn and look if there was shouting. Either way, I don't like him out that late and it's all too frequent of an occurrence this off season according to his twitter.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Provocation hardly matters in a 5 on 1 fight with no weaponry...

Down here in the bayou Nim...our players do the ass kicking. Shoe imprint in face ass kicking. Wisconsin is like bizzaro Louisiana with the same alcohol intake.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
It could be anything that caused it or nothing. If you were the cop the first thing you'd do is ask him if he'd been ****ing someone else's girlfriend.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Provocation hardly matters in a 5 on 1 fight with no weaponry...

Down here in the bayou Nim...our players do the ass kicking. Shoe imprint in face ass kicking. Wisconsin is like bizzaro Louisiana with the same alcohol intake.
I was devastated to learn that New Orleans is the only city with more bars per person than Milwaukee. Then I realized that you get tourists, so REALLY we're ahead.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
3 charged in attack

MADISON, Wis. -- Three University of Wisconsin students have been charged in attack on Badgers' running back Montee Ball.

Wendell Venerable, Robert Wilks and Deonte Wilson appeared in Dane County Circuit Court on Monday where a judge continued their signature bonds. A criminal complaint says Ball was kicked and punched Aug. 1 as he walked in Madison. The complaint says a friend interrupted the attack when she threw herself over Ball on the ground.

Prosecutors say witnesses identified the three men, all 21, by looking at surveillance video from a nearby apartment building. WKOW-TV reports witnesses told investigators they heard the attackers say they planned to target football players in retaliation for a previous fight at a party when one of them was hurt.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
They premeditated to go around jumping lone football players. What a bunch of tough guys.

I hope at least one of them gets cut up a bit if they step foot in jail. Pussies. Fighting anything but one on one is despicable.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Hold up how did I just realize it was in front of your old apartment building...you supposed to have that full scoop Nimreitz

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
I don't think he lived there at the time... it was just Nim's attempt to make the thread about him, just a little bit...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Id like to trade Montee Ball for all 5 jumpers...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts