Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hornets Coach Monty Williams agreed to a four-year contract extension Saturday that will keep him with the team with the team through 2016. Before the agreement was reached, Williams had one year remaining on his existing deal that included a team option for a fourth year.

Although the Hornets were out of playoff contention by January before finishing with a 21-45 record last season, Williams instilled a work ethic that kept the team competitive down the stretch despite being ravaged by injuries.

Shortly after Saints Owner Tom Benson purchased the Hornets from the NBA for $338 million in April, the franchise announced Williams and General Manager Dell Demps would be retained.

Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis, who also oversees the Hornets’ basketball operations, said getting Williams’ contract situation finalized was a high priority.

“He knows and we know that he’s here for the long term as we develop a young team into a championship contender,” Loomis said. “I’ve been very impressed with Monty since we purchased the team.

“I’ve also been impressed with Dell and the job he’s done and the staff in the basketball operations.”

Loomis said the Hornets were negotiating an extension with Williams for the past few weeks.
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/08/new_orleans_hornets_coach_mont_65.html

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Monty is a damned good coach. I would guess that they had to pay him like it out of fear that someone else would.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
He got market value for a guy of his caliber. Good move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts