Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/bfpnews/sports/2000h.htm

Calvin Njoya Mopa, the younger brother of University of Vermont men's basketball senior Germain Mopa Njila, was killed in an automobile accident Friday evening in his home country of Cameroon.

The 22-year-old was involved in a two-car crash in the family's hometown of Yaounde. Njoye Mopa died at the scene.

Mopa Njila and his mother, Rose Tchoupouen, who had been in the United States for the last month, are planning to travel to Cameroon this week. His sister, Lucy, who lives in Newark, Del., hopes to join them.

UVM and the NCAA could help offset the travel cost for Mopa Njila, but neither institution can help pay for his family's travel. People wishing to help the family return to Cameroon can send a check to:

Mopa Njila Bereavement Fund
C/O Francis Murray
2 Bedford Green
South Burlington 05403

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
mainejeff said:
You sure that Vermont can't contribute toward his travel costs? Isn't he a senior with no eligibility left anyway?
They can. It is for his mother and sister's travel costs.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Oh man, that is heart breaking news. I can't say enough about Mopa Gjila, great athelete, great student, hard working, incredible attitude, and always a big smile on his face. I hope his family gets through this ok. From the best of times to the worst of times.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh man, that's terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gijila family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts