Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Raptors' Morris Peterson is an exception to the rule -- an elite NBA player who wants to play in Toronto.

And even more than that, Peterson hopes to spend his entire career with the Raptors franchise.

Peterson is enjoying a career season, averaging 16.4 points and 4.7 rebounds per game, while usually guarding the opposition's best player.
let me be the first to say, i love to have MoPete on this team, his sense of pride in the city and his belief in the team is very refreshing for me, and i really hope we resign him at the end of next season....MoPete is the man...

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Basketball/2006/04/09/1526922-sun.html

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can totally believe this but I'm still a little surprised by those harsh words he had for the Raptors when he had signed the New Orleans offers sheet. Though perhaps that was as much because of the recent coaching disaster as it was anything else.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I love Mo Pete in a raptors uniform and all. And it's refreshing to know that he'd like to be out here for his whole career. But since when is Mo elite?

Reactions: AirJordan™

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i love it, wat a great player to have. i mean, we have two cornerstones on this team in bosh and peterson, and these are moral guys you love to build around. add charlie to that mix, and all we need is a better PG n C n we're good to go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
speedythief said:
Peterson might be the most important player on our team.
I'm with you on that one, he might not be our best player and he is more expendable than Bosh or Villanueva (obviously) but he is a good fit for what we have in place. He plays good D and can score on offense without having plays drawn up for him. Also he loves to play in Toronto and is probably the best ambassador the Raptors have ever had.

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
TheATLien said:
Thought this was about his gay love affair with Terrell Owens..

that was so random, but I'm so tired that it's funny.

lol

back to MoPete, the bummer is that as much as I want him to retire in T.O. (lol, not Terrell Owens, I'm so tired), he is perhaps our best trading chip. I wouldn't be surprised that he gets traded :(

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sporty G said:
I can totally believe this but I'm still a little surprised by those harsh words he had for the Raptors when he had signed the New Orleans offers sheet. Though perhaps that was as much because of the recent coaching disaster as it was anything else.
True true, but it's always tough when a team you want to play for (especially the Raptors, a team which few NBA players want to play for), doesn't seem to want you on their team.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Budweiser_Boy said:
Peterson's been solid all year for us this year, and putting up some of the best numbers of his career... the losing has got to take a toll on him still... hopefully he'll be able to have the same impact on a winning Raptors team.
I hope so too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.