Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,146 Posts
UVM fans growing restless over not having a verbal for 2020, while Hartford is still adding guys to its 2019-20 roster on 9/26/19.

Some perspective.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UVM fans growing restless over not having a verbal for 2020, while Hartford is still adding guys to its 2019-20 roster on 9/26/19.

Some perspective.
FWIW the roster was updated today on their site....they didn't join the team today.

Hartford does have 2 verbal commits for 2020 so far:

both guards

6'4 A.J. Gray Greece NY
6'3 Briggs McClain Martinsburg, WV

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI.....I have read that Hartford's AD (Mary Gillepsie) has taken a leave of absence.....not sure what that actually means for her future. It could be that Hartford will be looking for a new AD again?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On paper, Hartford continues to look better. It looks like they could be a contender.
Supposedly they are more athletic this year. I expect them to be better defensively. I expect the main guys will be:

Carter (Lasalle transfer)
Ellison (Pitt transfer)
Sullivan (Lasalle transfer)
Kingman (Juco)

The guys who I think will be pleasant surprises will be:

Flowers (frosh)
Marks (soph)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny Hartford thing from today....I guess Tyler C (the runner up on the most recent bachelorette series) was visiting UHA for some reason today. Took pics with the women's soccer team.....then played one on one basketball against Moses Flowers which was fun to watch on some of the basketball players instagram accounts.

·
Registered
566 Posts
FYI.....I have read that Hartford's AD (Mary Gillepsie) has taken a leave of absence.....not sure what that actually means for her future. It could be that Hartford will be looking for a new AD again?
This must be connected to the volleyball player suing the school for sexual harassment. I don't know the whole story, but she is probably out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This must be connected to the volleyball player suing the school for sexual harassment. I don't know the whole story, but she is probably out.

Mary Ellen definitely seems on the way out. I just hope this doesn’t but John Gallagher more time as Hartford’ HC. This is his last year on his contract. The program needs a new voice and direction after years of A middle of the road program. I would bring back Anton Goff as AD

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ironically the volleyball team has done better these past 2 seasons than it has done in a decade. I wonder if there is merit to the claims in the suit? If they do make a new hire a hope it is an energizing individual.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mary Ellen definitely seems on the way out. I just hope this doesn’t but John Gallagher more time as Hartford’ HC. This is his last year on his contract. The program needs a new voice and direction after years of A middle of the road program. I would bring back Anton Goff as AD
I am not sure I am picking up your message the way you beat around the bush....would you like Hartford to replace Coach Gal??

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am not sure I am picking up your message the way you beat around the bush....would you like Hartford to replace Coach Gal??
Yes, I am saying Hartford needs to move on from John Gallagher. He has a career 124-163 (.432) record at Hartford. A leopard doesn’t change it’s stripes. We know who and what type of coach he is. He has has had more than enough time to win and hasn’t even gotten to an A-East championship game.its time for someone new to get a crack at it. I would loved for them to hire Jay Young who went to Fairfield this past off-season.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I am saying Hartford needs to move on from John Gallagher. He has a career 124-163 (.432) record at Hartford. A leopard doesn’t change it’s stripes. We know who and what type of coach he is. He has has had more than enough time to win and hasn’t even gotten to an A-East championship game.its time for someone new to get a crack at it. I would loved for them to hire Jay Young who went to Fairfield this past off-season.
I was being facetious in my comment to you as you very clearly have the get rid of Coach Gal agenda in every post you submit.

I guess we will see what this season holds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Austin Williams redshirt junior transfer from Marist 6’4 200 guard
Miroslav Stafl 6’10 235 forward freshman from Czeck republic
Williams was at Marist for two years, so assuming he sits out this season, he should still have 2 more left of eligibility after.

Whenever he's able to suit up though, he's a very athletic combo guard, who has had some success in the MAAC.

From high school

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Austin Williams does have to sit out this year as a transfer. From what I hear he is very good attacking the basket. Very athletic....good moves down low. The issue he needs to improve is his shooting outside the drives. Thanks for the clip of him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts