Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nets were real happy with how He defended Shaq. Byron Scott said he thought he did the best job out of the 3 covering Shaq.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
And he still couldn't stop him...Shaq went to the free throw line about a million times in the fourth quarter.

This is the bottom line: MacCullough was the most effective last year, as he was an offensive threat to Shaq...he showed some more of that in game 1.

Scott has a tough decision on his hands. I wouldn't want to be in his position...it's clear that Shaq is going to go for 30-10 every game, and probably earn his third straight Finals MVP award.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course He still couldnt stop him Ron. The point is in covering Shaq is to who can do the best to try and contain him a little. I think Shaq got a few favorable calls vs. Collins. Maybe because he is a rookie? and no respect from the refs... I agree Todd Mac does a good job on offense vs. Shaq but Shaq destroys Macc on offense. Collins does the best job defensively out of the 3 but he is close to a non factor on offense.

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Originally posted by Fordy74 I think Shaq got a few favorable calls vs. Collins. Maybe because he is a rookie? and no respect from the refs...
I hate how the refs do that. If it's a foul, you should call it. If it isn't, then don't call it. Who cares if it's a rookie or if it Michael Jordan, everything should be done how it is seen.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Franco5
I hate how the refs do that. If it's a foul, you should call it. If it isn't, then don't call it. Who cares if it's a rookie or if it Michael Jordan, everything should be done how it is seen.
Well said Franco5. Couldnt agree more. Lets hope the refs use this philosophy tonight!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think that of all NJ threw at Shaq, Collins was most effective inasmuch as he didn't allow him the easy entry pass or the dunk.

Still, he did give up a heap of free throws, so....

I'd like to see Collins play him a little more, with a little more leeway given by the refs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts