Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull291.html

Paxson isn't sitting still with his roster, either. He still is working the phones to find some help. It's possible he'll dip back down into the National Basketball Development League after finding starting small forward Ronald Dupree in the NBDL.

The Bulls will have a roster spot open as soon as Jay Williams returns the paperwork on the $3 million settlement reached on his contract.

''It will give us some flexibility,'' Paxson said.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i'm not sure what league demarr johnson is in (maybe it's the nbdl), but there's no reason not to sign him at this point to develop for next year and beyond. it's not like paxson is going to find anything better.

tierre brown is another guy that i wish the bulls hadn't missed out on. they need a real backup point guard (for next season especially). brunson is funny to watch and all and makes some decent plays, but he's not the answer.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
DerMarr Johnson plays for the ABA, I believe.

I'd take a long look at Penigar. His learning curve is really high, it appears, and he's definitely going to get a call-up one of these days.

I wish we had gotten a hold of Trepagnier when he was available last year. He's a solid pickup for the end of the bench.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Obviously Pax will wait to see if he can pull a 2 for 1 trade or 3 for 2. If nothing is innminent or if he trades 2 for 2, etc, I wouldnt mind bringing an ABA or NBDL "another" Dupree.

BTW: I Dont like your Avatar anymore, Spongy. Go back to the other pic!!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
My guess would be that we will do a 2 for 1 trade, probably the deal with the Clips. If we don't, or if we open up another roster spot by retiring Pip, I'd either bring in Johnson, Pennigar, or Postell.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Why not take a shot on Kent Williams? He'd a good backup PG to compete with Brunson, and he can shoot the lights out from three land. He's a scorer, which we sorely need. Maybe he could be an Earl Boykins type for us, only taller.

http://www.nba.com/nbdl/players/kent_williams.html

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Parabull</b>!
Why not take a shot on Kent Williams? He'd a good backup PG to compete with Brunson, and he can shoot the lights out from three land. He's a scorer, which we sorely need. Maybe he could be an Earl Boykins type for us, only taller.

http://www.nba.com/nbdl/players/kent_williams.html
good call. he was amazing in the ncaa tournament a few years back. not sure when it was. he's a great outside shooter.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Henry Domercant, anyone?

He's 6-4, and I think his size has always kept him out of the league. The guy can seriously score.

He's playing pro ball in Turkey right now, averaging 22.5 ppg (2nd in the league), 5.7 rpg, 3.1 apg, and 1.4 spg in 39 mpg. He's extremely athletic and has been in the top five in the NCAA in scoring for his last three seasons at Eastern Illinois. He finished as the 26th overall career scorer in NCAA D-I history, and is the Ohio Valley's all-time leading scorer.

I don't think he was ever really given a chance, and much like Linton Johnson, might get a look because of his Chicago roots. The guy should get a chance somewhere... a victim of underexposure.

I didn't know him at all, but I went to the same high school as Henry. He was the resident star, of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts