Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all starting to click now for the 25-year-old Turkish player, who signed a four-year, $32 million contract in the off-season.

He went on a scoring spree in the Bucks' last preseason game, putting up 18 points in the third quarter on 7-of-7 shooting against Detroit. Ilyasova spotted up beyond the three-point arc and also scored in the paint in a performance that highlighted his versatility.

"He wasn't pressing in the first half; nothing really came to him," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "A lot of young guys don't understand how long the game is and how many possessions there are.

"They (points) come in bunches in the NBA sometimes. People panic and they get stressed and anxious and they miss open shots. I think it's fair to say Ersan has done that in the past.

"He's really calmed himself down. He walked into his good looks and knocked them down and ended up having a very good game in not a ton of minutes."

The Bucks have plenty of offensive options with the backcourt duo of Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis complemented by Ilyasova, Tobias Harris, Mike Dunleavy and a host of big men including Samuel Dalembert.

"I think it's more team chemistry," Ilyasova said of his scoring outburst Saturday. "We read each other. Brandon made real good decisions on the pick-and-roll.

"I've played a lot of years with him now. We read each other, and Monta does it as well."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck...launch-only-when-ready-u477tfc-174300231.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts