Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look for Jason Kidd to pressure the Nets to trade him this summer, preferably to the Spurs. ... Portland definitely won't pick up Nick Van Exel's $12 million extension next year after the way he quit on the team."
http://www.suntimes.com/output/banks/cst-spt-banx10.html

: "It will be a trade that would be very difficult to arrange because of salary cap issues, but there isn't any doubt that Jason Kidd, the Nets' star point guard, would like to join the Wolves
http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5339543.html

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Why would Kidd want to be traded to SA...Parker's already there.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I don't know why the spurs would take him. I mean, yeah, he's a better PG then parker, but parker is a lot younger AND they're having a lot of success as it is.

The Wolves....I don't know. They're gonna be making a lot of changes with that roster I'd assume, so that is totally up in the air.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
As much as I agree that Kidd wants out, I also think that Rod won't trade him for nothing.

Apart from KG, the whole rest of the roster is not worth Kidd. I like Wally and Fred, but they are not worh Kidd.

If I were KG, I would want out of Minnesota.

Maybe VC and Nenad for KG? So we woiuld have Kidd, RJ, and KG.

That would be nice.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've been following Kidd his whole career, and I can't remember too many times when there weren't trade rumors about him. Now he still might get traded, but I wouldn't look too much into the rumors. He and Vince are playing very well together.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Drew said:
I've been following Kidd his whole career, and I can't remember too many times when there weren't trade rumors about him. Now he still might get traded, but I wouldn't look too much into the rumors. He and Vince are playing very well together.
If we make the playoffs I think he'll be convinced by the team turn around.

-Joe C.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The fact that you look at some Chicago paper (and read articles by some Lacy person) for info on Kidd is very amusing. These writers have no idea about Kidd. But they need to write about something.

As far as that other article, it is a MINNESOTA newspaper that has been DYING for Kidd to go there for months. Their team sucks and they want it fixed. It's no wonder that they write things about Kidd wanting to go there. It's the same thing as the Oakland papers thinking they were going to trade for Kidd. I mean, it's just ridiculous. You can't even trust what NY people write, nevermind fools out in Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
One thing's clear...Rod will not trade Kidd for anything short of a star. That's what he's said this whole season. He said that teams were contacting him (and I don't doubt T-Wolves weren't part of that) yet he said that they weren't getting offered anything close to what they would want for Kidd. Personally, I think that if management can get through trading K-Mart and this rough year that we've had without loosing Kidd, I think we'll be all right. Now look at our team. We sure didn't look pretty at the beginning of the year, but our future is very bright. Kidd can't help but see it. If he were to leave, I think he'd be laughed at by most. That's why I think a lot of this is just hype.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
minny has nothing to offer use besides kg. the only other tradable player they got is wally but im not paying him big money to be a bench player.

this is just the beginning of all these kidd rumors. once we get hopefully either stro or sar and marshall along with other pickups, hopefully kidd/rod will come out and say that kidd is going to retire as a Net. hopefully jason wont just say i want to stay in jersey just so he doesnt get reporters asking him the same question which probably made it worse...who wouldnt want to play with kg, but playing with carter/rj/a rising start in krsitc and an upgrade at our 4 post in sar/stro isnt too shabby either. we will be better than minny next year. minny's only shot is to get another team in the mix or possibly 2more teams in the mix. and rod is smart enough to get more back than toronto and la did for their two stars.

Reactions: Petey
1 - 12 of 12 Posts