Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a hater talking, i live in Canada, i can't help but love the raptors. But Morris Peterson is a profeshional Basketball player, and his performance on the road is just an abomination. How on earth can you be a profeshional Basketball player and do so poorly on the road. How!? It frusterates me so much, elementary school kids do poorly on the road, yes NBA players dont do as well on the road, but to the extent of Morris Peterson, that is just an insult. I dont know what needs to be done, but Morris Peterson really has to grow up and start playing Basketball on the road like a profeshional, or else he will continue to be a pathetic. It is honestly disgusting.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i wish i have an answer for you...

i really do :cry:

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Welcome to the board Travis76!
Good question.

This is something that has bothered me for quite awhile now, and I really don't have any explanation for it.
He's made some big strides this year though nontheless, he's usually not that same player that just stays in the pocket and takes jump shots like he was in the last couple of years.
It's nice to see him actually driving into the lane and all that.
I guess maybe having one or two bad road performances took its toll on him, and started affecting his confidence.
Hopefully he will be a better performer on the road for us next season.

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
I'm still wondering why I created the MoPete fan club...

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
he reminds me of chris mihm- as in the fact that i don't see his play on the road

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Should Sam start Eric on the road instead of Mo? I thought about that, but it would crush Mo's confidence. This is something he has to overcome on his own.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hey, I'm still proud to be a part of that fan club.

I like Mo... I don't get him either though. He tries, man, he tries. I can't hate a guy who lays it on the line.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Juzt_SicK03 said:
I'm still wondering why I created the MoPete fan club...
Cuz He Kills It At Home.. And On The Road, He Stinks!

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
Q8i said:
heh...I think that was it....

MoPete is kinda slumping in home now....
I think becuase all those commercials he has been doing...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Q8i said:
Thats why Sam Mitchell should use two different set of starting line ups. One for Home court, and one on for the Road. Have mo pete come off the bench on the road and make like Eric Williams or some1 else start.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
When I think of Mo Pete's game I think inconsistency. I don't think it will ever change. He just doesn't have what it takes mentally to play a 82 game schedule. It's frustrating to watch because you know he has the skill. Hopefully one day it changes, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
he's only good when the toronto fans motivate him to...he's getting better though, instead of taking all those 3s, he's driving a lot more. I think next year, we will see a more consistent mopete

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
fruitcake said:
I think next year, we will see a more consistent mopete
i got off that wagon looooooong ago. right now all i expect from mo pete are some defensive consistency.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
What Mo needs to do, is to try and model his game after a guy like Bruce Bowen. Lose some more pounds, get more cut, and he will be a great defender.

Instead, he tries to be the star of the team sometimes, and forces his offense big time. As for on the road, well thats what happens when you just stand behind the three point line.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It's disappointing to see such inconsistency, from a guy who clearly has the talent to do well on a consistant basis. And I doubt things will change drastically in the future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts