• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question.....

Are you asking whether we think Mo will get fired so somebody else is coaching when they miss the playoffs?

Or...

Are you asking whether we think they will make some terrific trades that will insure the team makes the playoffs? (Risky!)

Or....

Are you asking whether public blame will be put on some other factor so Mo isn't perceived as the cause of missing the playoffs?

Or....What?

Sorry to be so dense.....I'm just Confused Fan From Idaho. :confused:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
I think if you put ABM's fragments together, you get:

Will Paul & Co. Allow Mo's Legacy To Be: "cost the Blazers their 20-odd straight playoff appearances"?

Am I correct, ABM?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
And my answer, incidentally, is "yes, that will be his legacy (since he did precious little else)" and Paul Allen and Co. won't do anything to encourage or discourage it.

I don't think Allen cares what the public determines Cheeks' legacy is. That's for the public to decide.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
I think if you put ABM's fragments together, you get:

Will Paul & Co. Allow Mo's Legacy To Be: "cost the Blazers their 20-odd straight playoff appearances"?

Am I correct, ABM?
Yes.

Sorry my questions were so convoluted. I can see how CFFI and, perhaps, others got confused with this one.

It seems apparent to me that, with Mo at the helm, this team will continue to slide right out of the Playoffs - with missing them as part of Mo's legacy, as it were.

So, despite Mo's contract extension, sometimes drastic times require drastic measures. Paul might spare Mo the embarrassment of that ***** on the resume, while also attempting to save the almighty streak.

Probably won't happen, but it still wouldn't surprise me if it did. That being said, I suppose the logical replacement choices would be Jimmy Lynam or Dan Panaggio.

Of course, if this did happen, then the whirlwind of criticism would come out pointed at Paul not letting Mo talk to Philly when he wanted to.

Hmmmmmm........I guess it's all a lose/lose situation....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts