Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has had just the most dominating seasons ever and fro what reason? i have three picks

Wilts 50ppg season
Big Os triple douple season
Jordans 35 8 and 8 season

jordans 37 ppg season gets honorable mention since he is the only player besides wilt to get to 3000 points for a season

·
Registered
119 Posts
the most dominating team performance had to be the 96 bulls who went 72-10 and beat the sonics in the finals for the championship. the team featured great players such as jordan, pippen, and rodman. it also possessed great role players such as kukoc, longley, r. harper, and kerr.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Can't leave Elgin out. What about his season in '60/'61 with 34.8 ppg and 19.8rpg, and 5.1 apg?

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
but you notice that wilt, oscar and elgin's seasons all were in the '60-62 period. numbers were inflated and not really comparable to numbers from other eras.

great seasons though. certainly some of the most impressive ever. actually, russell was mvp when wilt and oscar had their seasons.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
<b>but you notice that wilt, oscar and elgin's seasons all were in the '60-62 period. numbers were inflated and not really comparable to numbers from other eras.</b>

I suppose you could be one of many that think that way, but I didn't see that as a specification in the original post/question or I might have then listed someone in the 90s through this past season.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure the numbers were inflated but i think the numbers stand out when presented, i mean 50 ppg is awesoe considering 37 is the highest total by any other player. adn a triple double for a season is also great no matter when you play also considering he avergared liek 30 ppg that year so that just makes it extra dominant.

elgins year has to be considered. inflated numbers or not its still probabyl as good of a year as duncan had this year and he was MVP.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, not for his whole career, but i think he did over a 5 year span, which is still primo awesome

how botu dominating in a subtle way?? stockton 88-89 through 90 91 17 ppg 14 apg 3 spg missed only 4 games(not saying much for stock considering he went like 5 straight years without missing one at one point) and shot over 50% from the field. domination has many forms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts