Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Tim Duncan definitely has the most fundamental low-post moves.

Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace are the best shooters out of the post, in terms of fall-aways, runners across the lane and little hooks.

Chris Webber is the best low-post passer.

In terms of skills, I'd say those four guys are the ones to watch in the post.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>panthera_pardus</b>!
Who has the best low-post moves that as a young PF/C I could model my game after by watching his games?
If you have ESPN classic, then Kevin McHale.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Re: Re: Most efficient player(s) in the low post...

Originally posted by <b>BBallFan</b>!

If you have ESPN classic, then Kevin McHale.
:yes: :yes:

He's my boy, we're from the same town.
:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah well what makes so unstoppable is his size which I don´t have. I meant a player who has skills that I can work on. Obviously size is another issue...

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
How has no one said Zach Randolph? Yeah, TD is great in the post, but a lot of his moves are unorthodox and have a high degree of difficulty.. like when he drives to the middle and almost always gets fouled but still seems to put the off balance, one handed ten footer in..

If I was a big man, I would try to model my inside game after C-Webb and Z-Bo.. Both of those guys are virtually unstoppable 1v1 in the post.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Tim Duncan definitely has the most fundamental low-post moves.

Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace are the best shooters out of the post, in terms of fall-aways, runners across the lane and little hooks.

Chris Webber is the best low-post passer.

In terms of skills, I'd say those four guys are the ones to watch in the post.
nice post...just IMO Divac is a better post passer than Web.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FanOfAll8472</b>!

nice post...just IMO Divac is a better post passer than Web.
I think Divac is a better passer out of the high post, Webber is better in the low post.

But Divac is definitely a great passer for a big man, from anywhere.

·
Registered
435 Posts
SHAQUILLE O'NEAL

a dunk = 100 percent field goal, and nobody has commited more of that in the history of basketball than this guy, you can put your whole team on him and still wouldnt be able to stop him dunking, this is the ultimate dominance, can tim duncan do that ?? no, can kevin garnett do that ?? no, his form might not be the most fundamental but i would take a shaq's monster dunk over timmy's yawn inducing 45 degree bank shot anyday, a more accurate more reliable shot, so field goal wise hes the most effiecient player in the low post, as well as in the league.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Reef. The guy is smooth, and has a way of getting around his opponents, slide inside and go for the easy dunk. He has a nice jay from just about anywhere inside the arc too. he has a couple nice post moves. he can use his quickness against his opponents, since he used to be a small forward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts