Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For KU Jeff Graves - could be better but his head is not in it

SU - FORTH - god some yank this guys scholarship.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Maryland-Andre Collins-Felt like MD was gonna have a bad season so he transferred
(I read this from Washington Post, so don't critisize me)

·
Registered
990 Posts
URI - Jon Clark

Both he and Chris Holm came in as 6'10"/6'11" freshman centers last year and he was the one projected to be the starter. But he started all of last year and part of this year, and has proven to be somewhat of a stiff. Meanwhile Holm has established a nice shooting touch and toughness on the boards, and with a recent injury to Clark 6'10" freshman J.R. Moore may even be moving ahead of him on the depth chart.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
was there a thread about this awhile back already? I will checko on it later, I am sure there was

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
Maryland-Andre Collins-Felt like MD was gonna have a bad season so he transferred
(I read this from Washington Post, so don't critisize me)
What in the world did you read exactly? He transfered because DJ Strawberry was already taking away the few minutes he was going to get this season. He transfered for PT not because of the outlook for the team. Both He and Gary came out and said the same thing.

Ohh and the guy I'm the fan of least on my team has to be Mike Grinnon, the other half of the dynamic duo of our junior recruiting class which has ammounted to very little overall. Pretty much a waste of a scholarship. I wish he'd do well but he's shown no signs of being an ACC calibur player.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!
was there a thread about this awhile back already? I will checko on it later, I am sure there was
That kids, is the classic example of post padding.

Duke - Chris Duhon.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
Tony Cole
If we're talking about the past as well, I have to give it up to Zach Marbury and Tavorris Bell. They were recruited by Jim Harrick and his "successor" Jerry (Duh) DiGregorio. Under these players and Jerry D's "coaching" we achieved glorious 4 & 5- victory seasons. Bell flunked out, and Marbury left when he realized Jim Baron wouldn't allow him to play like his brother Stephon (because he only had about 25% of his brother's game). Our school is still conducting an investigation of what Harrick left in his wake, but if we could have been penalized for bad basketball the death penalty would be in order. Finally, Baron has brought some class around here, though.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Springsteen</b>!

That kids, is the classic example of post padding.

Duke - Chris Duhon.
are you implying i am post padding? I think not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can honestly say that this is the first UConn team in a lomh time where I like all the players. My feeling for biggest disapointment or most under achieved was Rashad Anderson. Until last night. In UConn's big game against Oklahoma Rashad was terrific. I have been waiting for Rashad Anderson to have a "breakout" type of game. This was it, Rashad played extremely well. His defense was smothering; he had 13 points (2-4 from behind the arc), 6 boards and an assist. It was great to see this type of game from Anderson against a quality opponent.

So, I could try to hate a walk on...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Oh my god there are so many that I hate on Kansas. Langford seems to have finally bought in and quit trying to get his 6'3" frame over shot blockers, so he's gets off. Michael Lee is okay if he never ever does anything except shoot a 3 or pass it right back to Miles. Hawkins has gotten the green light taken away, so I don't notice how much he sucks as much anymore. Nash doesn't play, Moody's a walkon so I don't care, which leaves me with Nick Bahe. I don't know what he was doing in the game. He should probably not even get to practice he sucks so much.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
Oh my god there are so many that I hate on Kansas. Langford seems to have finally bought in and quit trying to get his 6'3" frame over shot blockers, so he's gets off.
Langford is not only listed at 6'4", he's a legit 6'4". I used to have class with him. Also, what do you mean he's "bought in" and "quit trying to get over shot blockers"? That's a big part of his game and a big reason why he's the very good player he is. He has an extremely uncanny knack for getting to the rim, no matter who guards him, and he exhibits tremendous body control. He shreds defenses with his midrange game. If he gets his shot blocked a few times, so what? More often than not, good things happen when he penetrates. Langford's doing the exact same things he did last year, except with better shooting from behind the arc. Why are you complaining?

Nick Bahe. I don't know what he was doing in the game. He should probably not even get to practice he sucks so much.
While not a major player, Bahe was Nebraska's Mr. Basketball, and he chose to walk on to KU instead of accepting numerous full-ride offers to other schools (Nebraska and Creighton, among others). I've actually been surprised me with his (relative) quickness and poise in his limited action. He provided some quality minutes against Villanova.

Are you watching the same games I am?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Paulding(Stop jacking up J's and drive to the bucket, please!)
Kroenke(Why are you on the court, let alone in uniform?)
Laurie(Try moving your feet on D, I heard it help's!)
Conley(Try taking a shot or two, you might like it)
Pulley(You couldn't start at SLU, you shouldn't even be on the roster at Mizzou)

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
Oh my god there are so many that I hate on Kansas. Langford seems to have finally bought in and quit trying to get his 6'3" frame over shot blockers, so he's gets off. Michael Lee is okay if he never ever does anything except shoot a 3 or pass it right back to Miles. Hawkins has gotten the green light taken away, so I don't notice how much he sucks as much anymore. Nash doesn't play, Moody's a walkon so I don't care, which leaves me with Nick Bahe. I don't know what he was doing in the game. He should probably not even get to practice he sucks so much.
are you sure you are a KU fan? So you do not like Nash b/c he does not play????? Like VincentVega said, Moody and Bahe are walkons, and both got scholarships to play other schools. Bahe, Crighton, Nebraska, Kansas State to name a few. Moody, UNC-Ashville, and others.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts