Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously in the first round it was UNC, but which team do yall think will look the most impressive in their second round match-ups. Illinois plays Nevada, Washington plays Pacific, UNC plays Iowa St., and Duke plays Mississippi State. I think the team with the easiest 2nd round matchup is Duke, and the hardest is Washington.

I think that Illinois will look the most impressive. Nevada is a scrappy team, but I feel Illinois is just too talented for them, and if Brown starts hitting his shots, things could get ugly.

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Duke has a really easy bracket. I expect them to roll until the final 4.

UNC is just too talented. If they come in with the right mentality, they can steamroll (not just beat) anyone. So I choose UNC.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
rwj333 said:
Duke has a really easy bracket. I expect them to roll until the final 4.

UNC is just too talented. If they come in with the right mentality, they can steamroll (not just beat) anyone. So I choose UNC.
Duke will get ousted by Vermont......

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
texan said:
Obviously in the first round it was UNC, but which team do yall think will look the most impressive in their second round match-ups. Illinois plays Nevada, Washington plays Pacific, UNC plays Iowa St., and Duke plays Mississippi State. I think the team with the easiest 2nd round matchup is Duke, and the hardest is Washington.

I think that Illinois will look the most impressive. Nevada is a scrappy team, but I feel Illinois is just too talented for them, and if Brown starts hitting his shots, things could get ugly.

This game will be between Fazekas and Augustine.....

Nevada's guards are very athletic...But Dee Brown will have a monster game....

I predict Illinois by 1 in overtime....

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
texan said:
illinois will destroy nevada. they looked terrible against texas. klotz shot 10-25 and the texas guards didn't do much and nevada barely won the game. fazekas didn't look good at all either. i thought nevada was supposed to have a good frontcourt? they got pushed around by texas all night and klotz and buckman could get whatever shots they wanted, they just couldn't knock them down. illinois is much better than texas and will easily win this game.

unc should beat iowa state by a lot too. they definately were the best looking team in the first round.

i wouldn't be surprised if duke and washington lost this round. i had washington losing to pitt but i think pacific could probably do the job too if they have a good game. and i thought about putting mississippi state over duke in my bracket. all it takes is for sheldon williams to get in foul trouble and they won't be able to handle roberts at all.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
illinois is much better than texas and will easily win this game.
Yeah, and a lot of people thought Kansas was better then Bucknell, Syracuse was better then Vermont, Alabama was better than UW-Milwaukee....This is the tourney bro things can happen.....

Illinois better not take them lightly....I'm sure that Nevada is on a emotional high after beating Texas....

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Illinois better not take them lightly....I'm sure that Nevada is on a emotional high after beating Texas....
i don't even think you can give nevada credit for beating texas. nevada didn't really do much to win that game. texas lost it. klotz missed 15 shots, at least 10 of those were good looks 10 feet or closer to the basket. the whole team missed a ton of easy shots. illinois isn't going to beat themselves like texas did.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I dont think many people expected them to beat themselves against Ohio State, a worse team.....

I'm not saying I think Illinois is going to lose, I think they're going to win.....But you cant take a team like Nevada lightly....

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
UNC really impressed me yesterday. Granted, it was Oakland, but they put'em away early. If Duke plays as poorly as they did last night (16 total field goals), they won't get past Miss. St.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Uh nothin against Carolina's win but how can you be impressed with a slaughtering of a 13-18 team in Oakland? It was somewhat impressive dont get me wrong but you cant put a whole lot into that game.. I'm sorry.. If they slaughter Iowa State tommorow then we can start saying they look "impressive"

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
UNC simply did what was expected, all the others just sucked it up. Unless you win by 80, its hard to be "impressive" against 16 seeds.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Well whoopdy do.. Ya'll are impressed they killed Oakland? Wow..

Actually they can be all the impressive they want.. This isnt a beauty contest. I'd take 6 wins of 1 point over 4 games of 20+ margin's in the tourney..

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
You sound upset. I think Dee will bounce back today and get his shot back. He's too much of a warrior not too.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
HeinzGuderian said:
You sound upset. I think Dee will bounce back today and get his shot back. He's too much of a warrior not too.
Upset about what? I just dont think it matters if your impressive or not.. You can win 6 game's by about 5 or 10 and win the National championship while another team can win just 4 games after winning by 20+.. It doesnt necessarely (sp) mean anything if you win by a ton in all honesty.. It's the matter of WINNING, not BLOWING OUT teams to me..

Oh and just so you know Dee got his shot back last game going 7/10 but I'd like to see him keep it going..

I'm interested more than anything in the Fazekas vs Augustine matchup today..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts