Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10. Wesley Person, Trail Blazers ($7,700,000)
Lord knows the Blazers can use all the Wesley Persons they can get. Person is a good guy for Portland to have on its roster -- he's a veteran and he won't get into any trouble. But he doesn't add anything, really -- when he's at the tail end of his career, and averaging only six points per game?
LINK

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Shawn Kemp isn't on that list?! He's not even playing and he's getting paid $14 mil (?) this season?!

On Person, I agree. He's vastly overpaid imho. Well, he comes off the cap this summer, so it's all gravy.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
How in the world did Damon only make honorable mention? He's easily the most overpaid guy in the league. Practically worse than all those guys combined.

Dan

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
it's not really fair to list Person, because we basically bought a draft pick with his one-year salary. the guy didn't even mention how or why he was acquired.

I can't fathom how you could list Allen Houston so high on that list and not even mention Damon. If New York called up and wanted to deal, we'd be morons not to trade tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Anything on Page2 is a joke, as far as I'm concerned.

Person IS overpaid, but as an expiring contract that doesn't really matter much, and since the Blazers have only had to absorb about 3/4 of a season, it matters even less.

Kemp should have been somewhere in the top 3 (since they put Deke's salary from the Nets in as part of his ranking) and Damon should have been much higher on the list (#4 behind those two and Baker) .

Ed O.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Agreed, it's ridiculous to analyze the trade as if we thought Wes Person was an 8 million dollar player...

Damon not making the list is even more ridiculous.

Ah well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts