Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had them in the bonus for 8 minutes of the fourth quarter ... we used that to get 2 FT attempts. We didn't go to the post once.

That's awful.

Play.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
We had them in the bonus for 8 minutes of the fourth quarter ... we used that to get 2 FT attempts. We didn't go to the post once.

That's awful.

Play.
Yep, pretty bad.

And Damon just kept puking up bricks from the outside while SAR, Przybilla and Patterson combined to shoot 27-41. Embarrasing.

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:

That's awful.

Play.
Maybe because SAR sucks! :cool: Im kidding :biggrin: I think that was the worst triple double I've ever seen..

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was in disbelief with all the none calls I saw at the game. I saw multiple fouls on the Blazers that were not called at the end of the game. They should have had more shots from the line that's for sure.

·
Registered
837 Posts
actually it was 9:17. They picked up their 4th with 9:17 left in the 4th. I made the comment to my father in law at the game.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
That game was very oddly officiated.

Hap and I went to the game and there were several odd calls, that really went in the blazers favor.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I'm not too bitter about the non calls or the good calls made.....I'm too busy counting up all of our lottery balls.....Now just if Utah will win dangit!

·
Registered
409 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I'm not too bitter about the non calls or the good calls made.....I'm too busy counting up all of our lottery balls.....Now just if Utah will win dangit!
Don't worry about that, the Jazz should move up on us the way that we're playing lately. I didn't expect a win or even a close game, but it was entertaining nontheless.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:

That's awful.

Play.
Easier said than done. There were a number of times during the quarter where we should've been in an 'and-1' situation but couldn't get a whistle. The play where Damon was mauled and somehow the refs decided to give the ball to the Warriors was the most blatant - even the staid Rose Garden crowd came alive on that one. SAR can never get a call in the low post, so it's risky giving it to him.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Blazer Freak said:
I think that was the worst triple double I've ever seen..
As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a "bad triple double." There can be bad shooting performances or poor assist-to-turnover ratios. But I'll never fault a guy - especially a guy who is 5-10 and playing out of position - for dishing out double digits in dimes and pulling down double digits in boards.

The more accurate statement would be "that might have been the worst shooting performance attributed to a triple double I've ever seen."

Shooting 4-19 is terrible. Pulling down 12 rebounds (which was more than any Golden State player) and dishing out 10 assists in the same game is not.

In the eternal attempt by most Blazer fans to insult Damon, please at least be accurate in your insults. I still can't believe some people are bashing Damon for getting a triple double. Bash him for his poor shooting, but not for anything else.

:no:

-Pop

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
SodaPopinski said:
In the eternal attempt by most Blazer fans to insult Damon, please at least be accurate in your insults. I still can't believe some people are bashing Damon for getting a triple double. Bash him for his poor shooting, but not for anything else.

:no:

-Pop
Schilly and I were commenting on his game, and about how "holy moses! he's 4 assists away from a trip dub!"..

he had one of those trip dub's that you just look at and go "wow! how'd that happen??"

congrats to Damon. But go figure fans complain about it.

THis doesn't change that I'd still like him on another team next season.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SodaPopinski said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a "bad triple double."
Sure there is. When the player costs you the game with their play.

He shot us right out of the game. Not because of his percentage, but because of his selection.

It isn't his shooting performance that I am upset at. People have bad nights. It is the timing of the bad shots and the repetition of it.

Last night Damon hit one three. Then he went on a barrage where he hoisted 3 straight 3s. Two of which were on the run, with no one in place to rebound and no the entire team running the wrong direction to stop a fast break and play proper transition defense. Within four plays he did the same thing, barfing up 3 more quick shot attempts from ... all deep jumpers.

The score quickly changed to favor the opposing team.

Now, if those shots go in - and he wins the game on them - great. But, they were still ill-advised shots. That is the problem with Damon. He hoists shots early in the shot clock when people aren't in position and he's got a hand in his face. He can get those shots at ANY point in the game and they aren't high percentage shots ... AND they lead to easy points for the other team.

But I'll never fault a guy - especially a guy who is 5-10 and playing out of position - for dishing out double digits in dimes and pulling down double digits in boards.
It is debateable as to whether Damon is playing out of position.

In the eternal attempt by most Blazer fans to insult Damon, please at least be accurate in your insults.
This isn't a Damon bash, for me. Personally, I think he is the second most talented Blazer. I just don't think he is a SMART player - but he is definitely skilled.

It's his head that is the issue.

Play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts