Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
South Carolina in the SEC - they were picked to finish dead last in the SEC east but were playing KY a few days ago for the top spot in the east.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
South Carolina, Utah State, Purdue, San Diego St.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
well I kinda figured that the Bulldogs would be in the top 25 because of getting L. Rob but this damn good? no

Stanford kinda surprises me.

and KU I didn't think that they would be in the top 3 of the Big 12 this year, too many losses and a new coach.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
South Carolina, Utah State, Purdue, San Diego St.
Why SDSU? They were picked by most to finish 4th through 6th and ahead of NewMex and Air Force. Right now they are 3-5 and one game out of last place.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stanford. I certainly did not expect them to be undefeated as of this point of the year. I think I had them in the 20's in my preseason rankings.

St. Joes is not a surprise, I predicted them to lose no more then 3 games.

Per Conference:
Big East - Rutgers. Hanging in at .500 in conference.

Big 12 - Oklahoma St. Did not see them as a top team at all.

SEC - Miss St. - I expected close to top 25, but not top 5. South Carolina as well.

ACC - Surpised by the dominance of their OOC play. Georgia Tech was a big surprise - seeing them live last year get trounced by SU with Bosh, I did not see a tourney team.

PAC-10 - Ugly conference. Only Stanford has impressed.

Big Ten - ????

Others: Louisville (was not expecting them to be a top 10 team), Air Force. Air Force in the top 25 -who would have believed it.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stevie B</b>!

Why SDSU? They were picked by most to finish 4th through 6th and ahead of NewMex and Air Force. Right now they are 3-5 and one game out of last place.

Not hugely surprising, but they've played better than I expected.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Western Michigan. They get no love but they've played well and do have a quality win against USC early in the season.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>LionsFan01</b>!
Western Michigan. They get no love but they've played well and do have a quality win against USC early in the season.
USC is NOT a quality win, and far from it - they are #114 in the RPI.

They do have a quality win against #31 UAB on the road.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
South Carolina because if you all remember, I allready did expect Mississippi State to be this good.
All the people who criticized you for putting Mississippi State so high in your polls earlier in the season need to apologize. :yes:

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
I'd have to go with Mississippi State or Pittsburgh. Who expected them to have 2 losses in February. Nobody. Honroable mention to South Carolina, Air Force, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma State, Southern Illinois, UTEP.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I would say

Mississippi State

Stanford and st Joes for this being undefeated at this point

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
I thought South Carolina could do some damage this year, but I never expected them to do what they've done.

Miss. St. is a moderate surprise as well.

Air Force? Well yeah, considering I was surprised they even have a basketball team. ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Southern Illinois For Sure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts