Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's either Richard Hamilton or Joe Johnson.

Who do you guys think is the most underrated 2 guard

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I dont think Ham is underrated AT ALL

Johnson doesnt get ALl the credit he deserves, because people just think he is on the way up-but when he is there I think he'll get it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Michael Redd. Alot will disagree, but I believe Ray Allen is underated also.

Hamilton is overrated IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Voshon Lenard on Denver is the most underrated SG in the League. He's averging 15pts 3reb 2ast 1stl 38% 3pt on a top 8 team in the West and nobody knows who he is!

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Basketball Fan</b>!

Yea, Jesus is definately Underrated, he is the third best SG in the NBA

1. Kobe
2. T-Mac
3. Ray Ray
4. AI
5. VC

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Basketball Fan</b>!

Michael Redd used to be underrated but after his All-Star selection everybody knows who he is. I could see why Ray Allen is underrated, even though he was in "He Got Game" he hasn't gottin any national attention. He's one of the best SG in the league, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!

1. Kobe
2. T-Mac
3. Ray Ray
4. AI
5. VC
i would put AI ahead of Ray but thats just me i guess.....the rest i agree with

as for underatted, i say RIP

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Vince Carter, in every referee's perspective. Given some bloody hell respect, he would be averaging atleast 8 free throws a game, coinciding the likes of Iverson, Pierce etcetera. But he's only averaging 5.6 FTPG amongst the allstars. Absolutely ridiculous. David Stern should fire these sad so-called Referees, with no knowledge of the Basketball game.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!

1. Kobe
2. T-Mac
3. Ray Ray
4. AI
5. VC
Iverson and Carter are better than Allen. Are you hallucinating?

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Vince Carter, in every referee's perspective. Given some bloody hell respect, he would be averaging atleast 8 free throws a game, coinciding the likes of Iverson, Pierce etcetera. But he's only averaging 5.6 FTPG amongst the allstars. Absolutely ridiculous. David Stern should fire these sad so-called Referees, with no knowledge of the Basketball game.
:laugh:

When I saw this thread and saw Mattsanity made the last post I knew it had to be about Vince Carter...
:rotf:

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Vince Carter is overrated. He got the most votes in the All-Star game but a lot of other players are clearly better than him. Carter can barely stay healthy for a season and the fans just want to see him because of his dunks. I think he's a great dunker but that gets him more attention than he deserves.

He's been playing better lately but still gets attention even though he's not as good as he was before he got injured.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Ray Allen has been better than Vince Carter this year. He gets more rebs, asts, he's a better 3 point shooter, he scores more. What else is there to compare. Carter is a better dunker.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b><< SkipToMyLou >></b>!
Vince Carter is overrated. He got the most votes in the All-Star game but a lot of other players are clearly better than him. Carter can barely stay healthy for a season and the fans just want to see him because of his dunks. I think he's a great dunker but that gets him more attention than he deserves.

He's been playing better lately but still gets attention even though he's not as good as he was before he got injured.
If he's overrated, then he should be averaging 20 Free Throws Per Game.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The fact that not many people are mentioning Larry Hughes tells me that he is the most underrrated SG out there. He wasn't even on the All-Star ballot.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Shanghai Kid</b>!
The fact that not many people are mentioning Larry Hughes tells me that he is the most underrrated SG out there. He wasn't even on the All-Star ballot.
You won't be hearing about Larry Hughes for a while. He's out 4-6 weeks with a broken left wrist. His numbers wouldn't have been this high if Stack and Arenas didn't get injured. Even though Arenas, Hughes, Stack, and Brown each scored 20+ against the clippers. That was one game though, that team has an injury problem.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b><< SkipToMyLou >></b>!

You won't be hearing about Larry Hughes for a while. He's out 4-6 weeks with a broken left wrist. His numbers wouldn't have been this high if Stack and Arenas didn't get injured. Even though Arenas, Hughes, Stack, and Brown each scored 20+ against the clippers. That was one game though, that team has an injury problem.
The Washington curse continues....

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Hughes plays much better off of another good player. While his PPG would probably dip down to 17 or so with Stackhouse and Arenas in the lineup full time, his FG% would probably be 45% or higher as opposed to the ~40% it is now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts