Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody could help me with a behind the back pass and fancy dribbles. Thanks

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The best way to learn how to do fancy dribbles is just practise bouncing the ball. As stupid as that sounds it's reaaly the trick. ExampleIwas more comftorable bouncing the ball with my right hand and really struggled bouncing it with my left when I started out.

So I decided for me to get a good crossover and spin move ect. I had to learn to be comftorable with both hands. Next time you go to play in your driveway or whatever, Keep your right hand behind your back and only use your left to do everything (running lay up's, shooting) and of course dribbling.

You have no idea how much of a better ball handler this will make you and any fancy moves you try will be easy.

Also in a game personally I am so much more dominate knowing I can use both hands when ever I am playing. It creates easier left handed lay up chances, a much better crossover spin move and pretty much anything else I do offensively. Dont worry about the behind the back and fancy passes unlessyour playin horse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
behind the back passes require lots and lots of work to perfect. The best way to do it is to find someone who is wants to take jump shots from all over the court. Tell him youll rebound for him. Anyone would be delighted for that kind of service!
Everytime you rebound the ball, go to a section of the court, do a move or whatever you want and pass him the ball behind your back. Its mostly lots of wrist action followed by the forearm and arm. Do that for a few hours and youll get really used to it.

if youre alone, get a piece of colored tape and tape it to a wall. Then move around passing it to that piece of tape with behind the back passes.

good passes are mostly court vision. You have to have experience of when to pass it basically have good experience in sizing up a defenders speed and knowing you can get it to your team mate before the defender catches up. its all good.

a nice dribble is the extended crossover. dribble going right, then extend out right and bring your left foot crossed in front of you to the right, then dribble the ball to the left in front of you and cross over left. Its a basic crossover, youre just using your left leg as a tool in it. Same for the other side.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well, its probably not what you want to go and do, but when I was twelve, I broke my right arm and was in plaster for five weeks. In that time I HAD to use my left hand.

Thing is, I got so used to it that now I can use both hands to shoot, dribble, pass... whatever, equally.

So yeah, go and break your arm and you'll do just fine
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts