Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
It looks like Brooklyn it is:sigh: I will believe it when it is official, though. I think we'll still be playing in NJ for the next 3 years, at least.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I don't think the Knicks will let it happen, but we'll see.

-Petey

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Even if this team moves to Brooklyn, NJ deserves it to still be called the NJ Nets. If the Giants and Jets are NY teams, then the Nets are still a NJ team. Anyways, I heard this move would actually take 5 years!:eek:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
Even if this team moves to Brooklyn, NJ deserves it to still be called the NJ Nets. If the Giants and Jets are NY teams, then the Nets are still a NJ team. Anyways, I heard this move would actually take 5 years!:eek:
Interesting but I doubt it would be that way, they would have more creditability as a NY team.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Man, that would be great for me if they came to Brooklyn. As far as still being called New Jersey Nets.....no offense, but I don't think so. They never had the fan support in NJ, and thats pretty much why they're leaving.

Other then the 5,000 or so fans that attend the games, there aren't many people who want to show the support for them to stay.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I think the Nets ownership is just trying to get Kushner/Corzine to up their bid. I'm sure they really want to keep the Nets in New Jersey but they'd love to make around $300M selling the team. It could very well be the case that they're just trying to get Kusher/Corzine to scramble to make a new bid to keep the Nets here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It would be nice to finally get a Major sports Franchise back in Brooklyn, After the whole Dodger Baseball issue it would be great after having no major team since they left in 1957.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts