Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about this guy? Still doing his thing after 6 years in the league, just incredibly consistent. Leading the Clips to the 2nd best record in the league so far this year. It's early obviously, but this just reminds me of all the people that maintain he can never put up good stats on a good team. Are the Clippers not a good team so far this year? Is Brand not posting 22.2/9.4/2.6/60FG%/2.60bpg?

If the Clippers win 45 or 50 or more games, I wonder if Brand finally get more national recognition, and respect from fellow basketball enthusiasts? Hard not to like Brand's game either way.

·
Registered
464 Posts
:yes: :clap: If the Clips keep it up (no injuries, please!), there's no way he misses the all-star game.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Brand has been simply unstoppable this season. After loosing plenty of weight he is now more agile and once again harder to guard. That mid range jumper looks money every time it goes up :D

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spursindonesia said:
If only my team can swap both Nazr Mohammed & Rasho Nesterovic for him :(

Well, everybody have the right for daydreaming, don't they ? :D
Slava for Duncan. Deal?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
always liked him. always under-the-radar.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
i wish i could see more of him. the clippers dont really get a lot of time on national tv though.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Yeah, I used to not respect this guy enough. Last summer (2004) Sir Patchwork told me to watch him play 15-20 times during the season and reconsider my opinion of him, and I took his advice. Brand is a really good player, he doesn't have many weaknesses in his game. Too bad he's always been surrounded by ballhogs, chuckers, and horrible defensive players, but it looks like most of that is changing this year, which is great.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Make the playoffs as the leader of this team and people will wipe away the negative ****** in regards to Brand. I have always thought he was a very good player, but when you're paid like the franchise, be the franchise and take your team to the playoffs.

That's all I ask. Just once. He's got the weapons around him. It would be nice to see him in the playoffs.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Yeah, Brando is balling. He is noticably quicker this year, which is helping him get to the hoop a lot easier. He is still doing all the things he has been doing for years, but his scoring seems more explosive this season. Hopefully him and the Clips can keep it up.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
And in his last four games, he is scoring 27 a game on 67% from the field. I've never seen him score like that in his whole career, and I watch the Clippers nearly every game.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
EB has been amazing this season he needs to pick up his deffensvie rebounding a little. But he is blocking shot like crazy and very big blocks at crucial times. His jumper has been going down very very well so far this season. Then his quickness and ball handling now. Wow. This guys could be a top player in this league but he is very un-selfish. Sometimes to a fault but he has been getting better at establishing himself as the season goes on. IF the Clippers win 50 plus he should be a legitimate MVP candiate he means so much to this team. Mobley and Cassell are inconsitent but EB is always gonna be there.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yeah, Elton Brand has been beasting so far this year. Hopefully the rest of the team can keep it up and maybe just maybe, they win the Pacific.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Just another example of a player put in the work over the summer. He looks a lot better than he has ever looked offensively. His feet are quicker and his shot is much more consistent.

I know what he did this summer.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think part of this is Brand just finally getting the attention he deserves because the Clippers are winning.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Elton Brand is and has always been a stud. Too bad the Clips don't like to give him the ball in the 2nd half thus leading to their first defeat of the year at the hands of my #2 team, Minny.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
when i heard EB lost 20 pounds, i was like holy shyt were in trouble cuz i expected to lose alot of post presence since he doesnt have the height . . .but seeing him so far, im glad i was wrong

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yup clips and brand are doing pretty good this year ! :O

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Brand is an odd player. A 20/10 guy that plays without demanding the ball or drawing constant double teams. He's a scrapper, not a offensive anchor. Superstar numbers, but no superstar presence.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
He wasnt an offensive anchor until 4 games ago when he has brought game out that no one has ever seen from him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts