Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am willing to put money down that the Spartans will win the Big 10 this year. Why? The two games in the Big 10 that they lost will be their only two, and if they possibly lose one more, it will be at Illinois. Michigan State will easily coast to a 13-3 season. My Badgers are in first now but we've already spent half our home games this year. We're depleted by injuries and the only person that scores on the road is Devin. Wisconsin will probably finish 12-4. I don't see Purdue winning the Big 10 cuz they lost a crucial one in Iowa already. Even though they won at the Illini, I still see them losing at Indiana, at MSU, at Wisconsin, and may flop in a home game to the Illini down the road. Illinois will finish at probably 11-5 because of the slow start. They have way to much talent to lose more than 2 games the rest of the way.

Those 4 are in the tourny without question.

Now...... I really like Indiana's chances of getting in the tourney just because after all, they are Indiana. They're pretty hot right now and I believe they'll bounce from the bubble into the tourney.

Last but not least, Michigan. I really hope after what Bernard Robinson Jr. has been through, his dad, the damn scandal at UM, and all the **** about missing the tourney, I hope they get in the tourney. However, they're going to have to defend their home court the rest of the way. They'll also have to pick up some road wins in order to make the tourney.

Iowa's bubble will burts
OSU, ouch....
NU, hopefully they make the NIT
PSU, after all, they still are the Nittany Lions
Minnesota, yeah.......

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Excellent and unbiased analysis.

However, I think you're being too easy on Michigan State. Their offense is truly pathetic. Why can't Izzo just spread the floor and get some legitmate ball movement in the offense? The constant motion/screening just isn't working with the guys they have!

But seriously, why can't we get a few more homers around here? That's when internet boards really start get to fun! You ought to be propping Harris as the best player in the nation, and the Badgers as a national title contender!

The Hawks are coming off a rousing win over an underrated OSU team...14-2 in the conference isn't out of the question...heh.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I tend to keep my Indiana bias under wraps.......mainly because we are not that strong this year. But I do not see State winning the big ten. As much as I hate Purdue, I see them winning it this year. But if IU cant win it this year I would rather see Iowa.......because of the Alford thing.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
I'm pretty biased but with Illinois at 3-3 It's gonna be pretty tough to finish 1st let alone 3rd in the BT after this start..

I know when my team is struggling though and right now they are looking like a "bubble team" for the NCAA tourney but after I say this I hope they beat Michigan and we'll see from there..

·
Registered
855 Posts
as a state fan i hope your right, but im not sure if that will be the case. Our lack of point guard and dependable second big man hurt us toward the end of games.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a homer and I'm really biased. Wisconsin has had good games against the other top teams in the Big Ten so far. The way we played on the road in Purdue says great things about our team. One play goes our way and we win the game. The other teams in the Big Ten haven't played well against us on the road. I'm convinced no one will beat us here in the foreseeable future, but we have some really tough road games at the end of the season. I don't think MSU has a very good shot at the title, especially if they play the rest of their road games the way they played here. It's still kind of early though; we'll see what the Big Ten picture looks like on Feb. 23rd, after we've played Michigan on the road.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>thrillhouse</b>!
as a state fan i hope your right, but im not sure if that will be the case. Our lack of point guard and dependable second big man hurt us toward the end of games.
good response, i like the spartans also but anyone willing to put down money that they will win the conferance has a bigger set of cahones than i've ever seen.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by <b>apelman2</b>!
Last but not least, Michigan. I really hope after what Bernard Robinson Jr. has been through, his dad, the damn scandal at UM, and all the **** about missing the tourney, I hope they get in the tourney. However, they're going to have to defend their home court the rest of the way. They'll also have to pick up some road wins in order to make the tourney.
You couldn't have said this better, I feel deep pain for Bernard Robinson. I couldn't imagine loosing my father anytime let alone on the IMO "happiest day of the year." Not only that but he has stuck with Michigan through the toughest of times. I really wish Michigan could have gone to the tourny last year for LaVell Blanchard, because that kid was everything I would want my son to be.

IMO I really don't think Michigan St. has a chance to win the Big Ten regular season. Their biggest win was at home against Michigan, and they havent had a good road win yet. At this point I think Wisconsin will win the regular season championship, then Michigan St. will win the tourny to get the automatic bid.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dont underestimate Ohio State, they could just pull another Big Ten Tourny miracle, and this time they could show up in the finals game.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm keeping this puppy up here, I stated it a few weeks ago and I'm still holding true to my word. :yes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
After our debacle in Northwestern, it wouldn't surprise me to see MSU win the BT. We have a tough road ahead of us. Let's hope Bo keeps the boys focused and they run the table the rest of the way (I can dream can't I?).

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Originally posted by <b>madtownguy</b>!
After our debacle in Northwestern, it wouldn't surprise me to see MSU win the BT. We have a tough road ahead of us. Let's hope Bo keeps the boys focused and they run the table the rest of the way (I can dream can't I?).
Yes Michigan State has a chance but I doubt they are gonna beat my Illini tonight.. Wooooooo!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!

Yes Michigan State has a chance but I doubt they are gonna beat my Illini tonight.. Wooooooo!

I hope you're right. I'm cheering for Illinois tonight as well, since we aren't doing so well at controlling our own destiny at the moment. An Illinois win definitely helps out the Badgers tonight.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Originally posted by <b>madtownguy</b>!
I hope you're right. I'm cheering for Illinois tonight as well, since we aren't doing so well at controlling our own destiny at the moment. An Illinois win definitely helps out the Badgers tonight.
I hope I am too.. We could use 2 home wins vs Mich State and Wisconsin.. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate to say but I told you so....

I don't see anyone stopping the Sparty's from getting the Trophy this year.

Damn I'm smart.... I made this call weeks ago.

The non-conference schedule is now starting to pay off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts