Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
the chances of tmac seem to be dwindling away with his injury and all :cry:

edit: duncan is my first choice, lebron might get it.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If Steve Nash keeps the Suns in the playoff race around 5-6th seed, I would see him getting it. Then again, I don't believe a point guard has ever gotten the MVP two years in a row, or have even got 2 MVP awards.

I'd say Lebron for all practical purposes.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
MeirToTheWise said:
If Steve Nash keeps the Suns in the playoff race around 5-6th seed, I would see him getting it. Then again, I don't believe a point guard has ever gotten the MVP two years in a row, or have even got 2 MVP awards.

I'd say Lebron for all practical purposes.
It's been shown time and again in recent years that players who lead their teams to 5th/6th seeds, no matter how impressive a feat that is, don't get the MVP. It almost always takes 55 wins and a top 3 seed in order to get an MVP these days.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
duncan
lebron
dirk

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
if lebron can get his team over 50 wins i'd consider him a realistic candidate, he's well on his way though.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Right now, It's Tim Duncan. He is the best statistically, and you know the Spurs will be one of the top teams.
How is TD the best statiscally? The PER ratings vs opposing PER have Lebron equal with TD or even slightly better.

Note: I think TD is a better player then Lebron but James is really having an MVP - calibre season so far.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
How is TD the best statiscally? The PER ratings vs opposing PER have Lebron equal with TD or even slightly better.
http://www.knickerblogger.net/stats/2006/jh_ALL_PER.htm

Those PER ratings have Duncan ahead.

NBA.com has Duncan at #3 and LeBron at #9 in efficiency rankings.

Duncan is also the better defender as he is the foundation of one of the best, if not the best defense in the league. LeBron has been an improved defender, but still not perennial 1st team calibur like Duncan.

Pioneer10 said:
Note: I think TD is a better player then Lebron but James is really having an MVP - calibre season so far.
Agred. LeBron would be 2nd, with Elton Brand right there too.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Well since the voters have shown that they'd rather give the MVP to someone new, even if he's not actually the most valuable player in the league, I expect LeBron James to win it this year, and a few years from now when he actually is the most valuable player, someone else will win.

Tim Duncan should win if he can stay healthy all year. If not, a number of other players are having amazing seasons, such as LeBron, Elton Brand, Ron Artest, and Dirk Nowitzki.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
As sad as it sounds, I don't think Nash has a chance this year... he may not even be considered because his team may not be the Top 3.

All I am hoping for is the Suns make it to the playoffs and Amare comes back in time, and healthy.

Don't you just hate injuries?

My guess is if Mavs is the Top 3 teams, Dirk may have his chance.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts