Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pg: dan dickau & eric snow
sg: joe johnson & ira newble
sf: lebron james & sasha pavlovic
pf: drew gooden & veteran smart defensive pf gotten for Z
c: anderson verajao & ??

or something like that. don't know who we could get back for z, but i like the sign and trade idea and working andy into a 5 & 4. can you imagine the hustle points and boards he would get if he lived in the paint? plus he can finish on a break, cut to the basket, and do so much off the ball far better than z.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Joe Johnson would be a really great pickup, for next year and the long term. That's a guy you want playing the wings with LeBron. I think you underrate the value of Z though, your frontcourt would go from one of the best in the east to pretty mediocre without him. Not sure about Dickau either, maybe a good fit.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
AV would have to make a pretty damn big leap if he hopes to be as good as Z next year starting at center. That said, I wouldn't be terribly surprised, he has all the tools. I'm excited for AV's future with the Cavs. Pissed too, I was calling for him last summer.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The key strangely enough might be how well Sasha can play the remainder of the season.

Re-signing Z is a no brainer in my book (if he doesn't want something outrageous: which he won't get as he's shown he can be effective this year but he's still limited in defense/reboudning. Also teams have to be getting scared to give him big money to guy who obviously looks worn down). With a Z, Gooden, and AV rotation we should be set for 3 years. As Z decline more minutes will go to AV: good progression

Then after signing Z to reasonable contract we throw whatever we have at Joe Johnson and hopefully sign him. I have feeling Redd is going to resign with the Bucks. No way Phoenix matches a BIG contract to JJ as they need to resign Amare to the max and have big contracts with Nash, Q and Marion. Plus they have 3 first round pick to replace JJ.

THis is where Sasha can be helpful as Jiri has pretty much shot any trade value he has. If Sasha plays well hopefully we can use him in sign and trade with an expiring contract like Harris's for a Pg: Watson/Daniels would be ideal. If not then we can use MLE on several possibilites one of which could be Damon Stoudamire. He's made a ton of money alread and he might go to a winner for less.

PG: Snow/Damon or Snow/Watson or Daniels
SG: Joe Johnson/Newble
SF: Lebron/Luke or Sasha
PF: Gooden/AV
C: Z/AV

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
So long as Z isn't asking for an exhorbant amount, which I don't think he will, you have to consider that there's probably no one you can trade him for that 1) a team will give up, and 2) will actually help the team. I think Andy will be ready next year though to start. So I don't know what. It's a happy problem I guess to have.

I'm still in the Watson/Daniels camp.
I say grab one of them, and then go after Kyle Korver. Unless the Cavs have a legit shot at Joe Johnson.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I like the idea of picking up Stoudemire, at least in the short term. I don't think there is any way that he will receive more than the MLE in free agency. He or Dickau would do a decent job here next year. Other than that Johnson would be a particularly good fit. I'd advocate keeping Z, but playing him fewer minutes. But if we didn't sign him we'd have an absolute boatload of money to pursue other free agents.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
EHL said:
AV would have to make a pretty damn big leap if he hopes to be as good as Z next year starting at center. That said, I wouldn't be terribly surprised, he has all the tools. I'm excited for AV's future with the Cavs. Pissed too, I was calling for him last summer.
Off topic but some of your avatar's are absolutely hilarious EHL :rotf:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Benedict_Boozer said:
Off topic but some of your avatar's are absolutely hilarious EHL :rotf:
Hey thanks. Though my last avatar (mario one) was a little too racy, so I had to change it.

PG: Snow/Damon or Snow/Watson or Daniels
SG: Joe Johnson/Newble
SF: Lebron/Luke or Sasha
PF: Gooden/AV
C: Z/AV
Now that's what I'm talking about. Good looking lineup, very well balanced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts