Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the trade i would like to see go down for the lakers is shipping tracy murray and samaki walker to golden state for fortson. the salaries work and i'll explain why i think it works for both teams.

the lakers get a rebounding monster who plays with much more intensity than walker. with the re-signing of george, murray will get zero minutes. plus it opens up an extra roster spot for the lakers to re-sign shaw AND a back-up center.

the warriors are desperately trying to trade fortson's contract and have already said they plan on moving jamison back to power forward. both contracts(murray and walker) are off the books next offseason, just in time to make a run at local products jason kidd or gary payton.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
I gotta admit, the guy has big ones the way he was yappin at Shaq and Rick Fox in the last meeting. I'm not too sure. I think I'd take Bison Dele before Fortson.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with my plan they could have both(fortson and dele). dele is going to have to sign for the $1 million exception no matter what if he wants to joins the lakers and then the lakers can go over the cap to sign their own free agent(shaw).

projected roster:

pg fisher -- shaw
sg bryant -- rush
c o'neal -- dele -- medvedenko
pf fortson -- horry -- madsen
sf fox -- george

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I like that trade. Imagine all those second chance points for Kobe and Shaq if Danny can rebound for us like he can. How long has it been since Bison played a live NBA game ? Is he in game shape ?

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Supposedly he's been working out and his agent contacted Phil. He's got the experience in this system, maybe a head case, but Phil knows how to work with him. Given most of the alternatives, he seems like a good choice. Yeah, there could be some wrangling with the Pistons for his "rights" (i really hate that term) but it doesn't seem too far fetched that it could happen.

Sure, I'd love for Sabonis to come aboard, but despite reports of "interest" I don't think it will happen. Kevin Willis is another option, but he's even older than Bison and more expensive. What's left for no cheddar?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to nba.com he played in 49 games in 98-99. i've read a few articles stating that his agent has been calling around. he's probably not in shape but playing behind shaq he would definitely have enough time to get the rust and the pounds off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts