26. Orlando- Boris Diaw-Riffiod
27. San Antonio- Mickael Pietrus
28. Orlando via Sacramento- Brian Cook
29. L.A. Lakers- Luke Walton

so what do you all think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
u seem to be very high on paulding and marcus, both of whom i feel r overrated. i saw marcus play last season against creighton and he his comparison to bryant reeves is justified. very slow, unathletic and has an unpolished array of post moves. paulding hasnt showed that he can perform over the course of a season. if both players step up, then ill believe that they belong in the lottery. until then, im unsold on both players.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Paulding is the real deal. He super athletic and has a developing outside shot. He played inconsistenct last year but that can be expected. He certainly wasn't any less consistenct than Chris Wilcox or Marcus Haslip. His potential is throught the roof and he reminds me a lot of Jason Richardson.

Jarvis Hayes and Reece Gaines are both high IMO.

Marcus is 7 foot so he deserves his shot. Bryant Reeves went lottery too. You have to know teams will reach for these guys. If Reeves wasn't so overpaid he wouldn't have been such a horrible pick. A little motivation under him he could have been a solid center.

I doubt TJ Ford declares and if he does I doubt he goes that high. He can't shoot and he is way undersized. That doesn't spell good.

I not jumping on the Pape Sow hype. Reports are coming out that he is undersized and the level of competition is a huge difference. Just ask Kei Madison.

David West is a little high. He's only about 6'8" 235 and that isn't PF size in the NBA. Last year, Udonis Haslem was written in as a first round pick too. I doubt West goes in the first round.

Overall, I think their are too many points too high. In the last two years their has been only one point taken in the top 20 of the drafts (excluding DaJuan Wagner). The 2000 draft was full of point-busts (at least thus far) in Jamal Crawford, Mateen Cleaves, Keyon Dooling and Erick Barkley. I wouldn't expect 5 points to go in the first round next year let alone the lottery.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Very good concidering most draft information doesn't come out this early, which means you definitly put alot of work into it. I would have definitly put T.J. Ford higher, I think he could end up being a top five pick. Ricky Paulding is one of those players that could end up going 2, or end up falling to the late 2nd round, I'm still unsure about his talent, but I think he has limetless potential. I'd put him at the 4th or 5th pick.

·
Registered
471 Posts
wheres Troy Bell?

im just a Boston College fan so i gotta put my boy...

i know that the draft will be Guard deep...

peace

·
Registered
119 Posts
troy bell, david west, and mario austin will not be drafted in the first round. also now that i review the mock carefully, ur mock has 9 international players,which could happen, but it has 6 international players goin in a row. i dont think that'll necessarily happen.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went by team neeeds

to start with New Jersey wanted Topoutos this years and wouldn't delay in taking him next year because Richard Jefferson will likely move to SG. Dallas always needs another center in their Lanfrentz at PF rotation. Orlando would love Boris Diaw-Riffiod to play a psudo-PG with Grant Hill. for Minnesota, Christian Drejer is wally without the problems but he may not declare (he is going to a US college next year). Mickael Pietrus and Manu Ginobili would be a dangerous 2-3 if Duncan stays in San Antonio, also Pietrus would be another Frenchman next to TPark. for Boston Florent Pietrus is the perfect PF if you move Antoine to SF as anticipated, he gives hard D energy and post scoring, things that Boston lacks or otherwise needs. for the Suns Zoran Planinic is the perfect PG to play next Starbury, he's tall so D-matchups aren't a prob and takes the ball out of Starbury's hands. Portland almost always drafts BPA so Carlos Delfino is their ticket, he could be the second best player in this draft he just lacks the spotlight, also he reminds be of a 2'' taller Doug Christie with more strength which equals a great team player. With Seattle trading Vin Baker and leaving a void at PF Pape Sow makes sence and has upside. And as for Sacramento their void is center and Anderson Varejao is a Raef Lafrentz style center who does initiate contact. also keep in mind better teams often pick foreign because it's easier for them to acclimate to difficult systems such as the triangle offense (that's why the Lakers wanted Rush, he has Euro-ball smarts).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts