Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, I really want to throw a rock into everyone who is involved with the YES Network??? I mean seriously their excuse was "conflict between the Yankee season games" .... eww i know its the Yankees network but ewww forget the Yankees.... (hey, even though after basketball is over I am gonna be routing for them) but hello slap in the face to YES look at the Nets right now... we are going to go beyong the 2nd round in playoffs the way the Nets are going..... soooo why broadcast in MY 9 .... who in the world made up that name.....

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
It's been like this since the Nets were brought to the Nets. It sucks, but it's nothing new. I've never heard of My9, but I'm hoping it's UPN.

EDIT: Yep, it's UPN. No worries.

· Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup yup the game is going to be broadcast in UPN 9....

well ok this might go a little overboard but haha the Yanks might get dethrowned again by the Red Soxs....

can anyone say the DAMON curse... lol

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Chaser 55 said:
when did it get changed to MY 9?

I knew it was UPN 9 when they said WWOR New York, but I did not know the name had been changed to MY 9. That's a weird name lol.
This is the last year of UPN.

Next year it will merge with the WB.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Of course, these playoff games on "My 9" will not be available in HD. At least for me. :cry:

· Registered
6,449 Posts
It reminds me of how it is in Toronto. When the Raptors were a good playoff team 4-5 yrs ago they were always overshadowed by the Leafs b/c Toronto is & probably always will be a hockey town & Canada a hockey country.

· Registered
2,055 Posts
I know it stinks that the Yanks rule YES but at least this year we can at least SEE the games. Remember last year many of the games late in the season (while we were making our playoff run) weren't even on tv period. I'm just happy we can still see these games...even if it's on another channel.

· Registered
8,413 Posts
AND1NBA said:
UPN + WB = CW

Anyone knoows what CW stands for?
Also the "My channel" is a new FOX network called 'My Network TV':

http://www.newscorp.com/news/news_277.html

Just what we need, more network TV.
Colored white tv?

I bet in 10 seconds, a mod will edit that comment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.