Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This isn't even funny. A couple months ago we landed what is probably one of the best punk drummers in the western suburbs, and tonight I landed what is probably the best bassist.

This guy is Ryan Durkin from the hardcore bands Kung Fu Rick, Authority Abuse and HeWhoCorrupts. Not only is he impressively efficient as a bassist, but he is perhaps the best punk businessman in Chicago. He practically can give us any show with a phone call, and he's had woldwide success with his record label.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

:stupid: (That's Ryan)

I played him our demo tonight at the 4th of July party, and he was very impressed. I was speechless when he asked me to join.

I know that you guys don't know the details of the Chicago punk rock underground, but believe me when I tell you that this is very big news!

:headbang:

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>Yyzlin</b>!
That's great news, Slim. Hopefully this bodes well for your band. I'll have to say though, I hope this doesn't mean you will be losing any of your metal sensibilities. ;)
No, this is for my THRASH METAL band. I'll try to post my demo, it's A LOT more thrash than the one I showed you a few months ago.

Think Exodus.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Rock on, Slimsky.

:rock:

Empty Bottle
Double Door
opening act at the Riv
midweek slot at Metro
headline the Riv
tour midwest
sign 3 record deal, with options
us tour of larger clubs
tour US opening for Anthrax
summer shed tour (headline)
US stadium tour
Europe tour
world tour
Slim solo album
jealosy
US tour (interrupted by bassist in rehab)
comeback album
US tour (cancelled four shows in when Slim cites creative differences and walks off)
comeback album (band reformed, Slim to have own trailer for touring)
Milwaukee Summerfest (opens for puppet show)
Huge in Japan

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Electric Slim</b>!

No, this is for my THRASH METAL band. I'll try to post my demo, it's A LOT more thrash than the one I showed you a few months ago.

Think Exodus.
Ahh, that's what I like to hear. And what are you waiting for??? Get to posting that demo! I can't wait to hear it. If it's anything like Exodus, I'll turn into your biggest fan. Perhaps I could roadie for you. ;)

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts

Think Exodus.

Hell yeah!!!

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
This isn't even funny. A couple months ago we landed what is probably one of the best punk drummers in the western suburbs, and tonight I landed what is probably the best bassist.

This guy is Ryan Durkin from the hardcore bands Kung Fu Rick, Authority Abuse and HeWhoCorrupts. Not only is he impressively efficient as a bassist, but he is perhaps the best punk businessman in Chicago. He practically can give us any show with a phone call, and he's had woldwide success with his record label.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

:stupid: (That's Ryan)

I played him our demo tonight at the 4th of July party, and he was very impressed. I was speechless when he asked me to join.

I know that you guys don't know the details of the Chicago punk rock underground, but believe me when I tell you that this is very big news!

:headbang:
Update?

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just kicked the drummer out, but I'm sure he wanted to be. He just wants to remain doing wimpy stuff. It's too bad though because he could have been amazing.

So we figured we'd move our rhythm guitarist to drums, and hire this guy Mike to play guitar. We talked to Mike, and though he says he's interested, he's on tour right now as a roadie for the band Yellowcard (some MTV thing). Our bassist Ryan is now leaving to go on a west coast tour with his band HEWHOCORRRUPTS.

So as these guys are on tour, I'm in the process of trying out some drummers, and we have one stopping by tommorrow. Things have been slow for the band since we started earlier this year, but at least I think we're going in the right direction.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
This rocks!

I remember you talking about your band in the draft.net days.

I knew you and your band would have a very good chance at climbing up the ladder as you're a very confident guy.

Congrats Slim (or Jerry Kraut). ;)

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by <b>Devestata</b>!
This rocks!

I remember you talking about your band in the draft.net days.

I knew you and your band would have a very good chance at climbing up the ladder as you're a very confident guy.

Congrats Slim (or Jerry Kraut). ;)
That was a long time ago! :laugh: I've had different projects since then, but anyways, this is a metal band.

It looks like we're going to take the new drummer we tried out. Though he's not particularly as talented as the last one, he's a true metal guy who seems to "get it".

Yyzlin would very much appreciate the last band he was in, and maybe I'll upload the demo he game he on a site for you to download.

Sorry I've failed in promises to post new stuff for you, but oh well.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts

That was a long time ago! :laugh: I've had different projects since then, but anyways, this is a metal band.

It looks like we're going to take the new drummer we tried out. Though he's not particularly as talented as the last one, he's a true metal guy who seems to "get it".

Yyzlin would very much appreciate the last band he was in, and maybe I'll upload the demo he game he on a site for you to download.

Sorry I've failed in promises to post new stuff for you, but oh well.
Whatever works. As long as you think that the new drummer has "it," then by all means, it sure won't hurt to let him in and see what you guys can mix up. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts