Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will continue to change it, when I feel a change is appropriate.

1. Houston Rockets: Yao Ming, C, China

2. Chicago Bulls: Jay Williams, PG, Duke

3. Golden St. Warriors: Dajuan Wagner, PG/SG, Memphis

4. Memphis Grizzlies: Mike Dunleavy, SF, Duke

5. Denver Nuggets: Caron Butler, SF, Connecticut

6. Cleveland Cavs: Nicoloz Tskitishvili, SF/PF, Georgia

7. New York Knicks: Maybyner 'Nene' Hilario, PF, Brazil

8. LA Clippers: Chris Wilcox, PF, Maryland

9. Phoenix Suns: Drew Gooden, PF, Kansas

10. Miami Heat: Jared Jeffries, SF, Indiana

11. Washington Wizards: Qyntel Woods, SG/SF, Northeast CC

12. LA Clippers: Bostjan Nachbar, SF, Slovenia

13. Milwaukee Bucks: Amare Stoudemire, PF, Cypress Creek HS

14. Indiana Pacers: Jiri Welsch, PG/SG, Czech Republic

15. Houston Rockets: Kareem Rush, SG, Missouri

16. Philadelphia 76ers: Curtis Borchardt, C, Stanford

17. New Orleans Hornets: Roger Mason, PG/SG, Virginia

18. Orlando Magic: Marcus Haislip, PF, Tennessee

19. Utah Jazz: Melvin Ely, PF, Fresno St.

20. Toronto Raptors: Frank Williams, PG, Illinois

21. Portland Trailblazers: Dan Dickau, PG, Gonzaga

22. Phoenix Suns: Rod Grizzard, SG/SF, Alabama

23. Detroit Pistons: Jamal Sampson, PF/C, California

24. New Jersey Nets: Mladen Sekularac, SG, Yugoslavia

25. Denver Nuggets: Jason Jennings, C, Arkansas St.

26. San Antonio Spurs: Dan Gadzuric, C, UCLA

27. LA Lakers: Carlos Boozer, PF, Duke

28. Sacramento Kings: Nenad Krstic, C, Yugoslavia

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thoughts...

3. Golden St. Warriors: Dajuan Wagner, PG/SG, Memphis <--His stock has been dropping lately. He has been wowing scouts in workouts but most teams don't want to pass on the big men prospects. He could drop as low as 11.

6. Cleveland Cavs: Nicoloz Tskitishvili, SF/PF, Georgia <--Jerry West really likes him. Seems like the logical choise for the Grizzlies.

7. New York Knicks: Maybyner 'Nene' Hilario, PF, Brazil <--He seems like a good pick but if Wilcox is still on ethe board expet the Knicks to pick him. He wowed them in workouts.

8. LA Clippers: Chris Wilcox, PF, Maryland <--Possibly moved into top 5ive. Has been playing out of this world in workouts.

13. Milwaukee Bucks: Amare Stoudemire, PF, Cypress Creek HS <--He has been getting promises that he will be top 12.

14. Indiana Pacers: Jiri Welsch, PG/SG, Czech Republic <--They really like Rush here. They feel he will do a great job of the bench and take over Reggie's role once he retires.

16. Philadelphia 76ers: Curtis Borchardt, C, Stanford <--Won't drop out of the lottery. He is tall and good and even though his stock is dropping as of late, the Clippers will take him if he is there at 12.

17. New Orleans Hornets: Roger Mason, PG/SG, Virginia <--Say What???Didi I miss something. Roger is projected by NBA scouts to be an early 2nd round pick. NBADraft.Net doesn't know everything.

23. Detroit Pistons: Jamal Sampson, PF/C, California <--Again, Say What???Jamal is a project and the Pistons need a player to come in and contribute right away. Look for them to pikc a SF or PG with this pick. Jamal is a 2nd rounder.

24. New Jersey Nets: Mladen Sekularac, SG, Yugoslavia <--He could go in the late teens. He has beem impressive in workouts and still has many more planned. He can come over right away. Has NBA body and good stroke. Thier has been comparisons to Peja.

26. San Antonio Spurs: Dan Gadzuric, C, UCLA <--I really like the Spurs taking Zaur Pachulia. He is supposed to be really good. He is a project but he is still in the draft. His agent has said he would pull his name if he wasn't guaranteed a 1st round spot. Spurs look like the logical choice.

27. LA Lakers: Carlos Boozer, PF, Duke <--He is a 2nd round. Scouts are worried about his size and him being able to play the PF position. Tayshaun Prince's stock has really risen and the Lakers are reportedly really interested in picking him.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Thoughts...

Originally posted by IMX
3. Golden St. Warriors: Dajuan Wagner, PG/SG, Memphis <--His stock has been dropping lately. He has been wowing scouts in workouts but most teams don't want to pass on the big men prospects. He could drop as low as 11.
Yeah, I've been hearing that. But, I think he'd make a damn good triad with JRich and Arenas. And their not going to take Mike Dunleavy, that's for sure. I think Hughes is gone-o.

6. Cleveland Cavs: Nicoloz Tskitishvili, SF/PF, Georgia <--Jerry West really likes him. Seems like the logical choise for the Grizzlies.
I really think Dunleavy goes to Memphis. 2 players aren't going to the same team, and that's why TSkeet couldn't go to Memphis in my mock draft.

7. New York Knicks: Maybyner 'Nene' Hilario, PF, Brazil <--He seems like a good pick but if Wilcox is still on ethe board expet the Knicks to pick him. He wowed them in workouts.
Yeah, thats true...but I heard the opposite. That Wilcox didn't impress. You know more than me on this subject though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilcox in the top 5. Take that under consideration.

13. Milwaukee Bucks: Amare Stoudemire, PF, Cypress Creek HS <--He has been getting promises that he will be top 12.
If that's the case cool. But, I think Milwaukee takes him if he slips to 13.

14. Indiana Pacers: Jiri Welsch, PG/SG, Czech Republic <--They really like Rush here. They feel he will do a great job of the bench and take over Reggie's role once he retires.
I think Jiri is rising, rising, rising. He's a combo guard with great size and a nice shot. In the long run, I feel he'll be better than Rush, and that's what the Pacers need him for. Since, Reggie still has a few more years.

16. Philadelphia 76ers: Curtis Borchardt, C, Stanford <--Won't drop out of the lottery. He is tall and good and even though his stock is dropping as of late, the Clippers will take him if he is there at 12.
Bad foot, bad workouts= a major slip come draft day.

17. New Orleans Hornets: Roger Mason, PG/SG, Virginia <--Say What???Didi I miss something. Roger is projected by NBA scouts to be an early 2nd round pick. NBADraft.Net doesn't know everything.
I'm not going by what nbadraft.net says about him. He's another combo guard, and would be perfect next to Baron.

23. Detroit Pistons: Jamal Sampson, PF/C, California <--Again, Say What???Jamal is a project and the Pistons need a player to come in and contribute right away. Look for them to pikc a SF or PG with this pick. Jamal is a 2nd rounder.
I would love the Pistons taking Sampson. I probably know the most about this pick out of all my other picks. Detroit does not need someone right away, especially if they sign a PG. They have Okur coming over and Rodney White will be expected to play big minutes. They should easily be able to run a 10 man rotation... And furthermore, SF is not a need with Corliss, Rodney, Cliff, and Curry all able to cover at that position.

24. New Jersey Nets: Mladen Sekularac, SG, Yugoslavia <--He could go in the late teens. He has beem impressive in workouts and still has many more planned. He can come over right away. Has NBA body and good stroke. Thier has been comparisons to Peja.
Agreed. I just didn't want to put him too high so schmoes like you could pick me apart, lol :D

26. San Antonio Spurs: Dan Gadzuric, C, UCLA <--I really like the Spurs taking Zaur Pachulia. He is supposed to be really good. He is a project but he is still in the draft. His agent has said he would pull his name if he wasn't guaranteed a 1st round spot. Spurs look like the logical choice.
Alright. I don't know much about him, but I'll take your word for it.

27. LA Lakers: Carlos Boozer, PF, Duke <--He is a 2nd round. Scouts are worried about his size and him being able to play the PF position. Tayshaun Prince's stock has really risen and the Lakers are reportedly really interested in picking him.
Yeah. I never really liked Boozer, but I thought he'd go 1st round...:|

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Here are some articles and exerts from articls that back up what I have said...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I've been hearing that. But, I think he'd make a damn good triad with JRich and Arenas. And their not going to take Mike Dunleavy, that's for sure. I think Hughes is gone-o.
* http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/story?id=1396483

Dajuan Wagner -- There's still a chance that Wagner could go as high as No. 5 to the Nuggets, but, the way the draft is playing out, it's looking more and more likely he could be in for a fall. Although teams have been impressed with his workouts, there are so many talented big men in this draft that the diminutive Wagner (he measured a disappointing 6' 3/4" in Chicago) could be in for a slide. The Nuggets like him, but it's beginning to look like either Butler or Drew Gooden will definitely fall to them. The Knicks like him, but won't take him if Gooden, Wilcox or Nene Hilario is on the board. The Heat may be interested, but they have Qytnel Woods and Jared Jeffries rated higher. It's not inconceivable that Wagner is on the board when the Wizards' pick at No. 11. Would MJ take a gamble on Wagner? The need a point guard and scoring in the worst way. . . Wagner has the potential to give them both.

quote:

I really think Dunleavy goes to Memphis. 2 players aren't going to the same team, and that's why TSkeet couldn't go to Memphis in my mock draft.
* http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/tracker/team?team=cle
Speaking of mysterious, the more Skita sits on the bench thousands of miles from here, the more his stock continues to soar. His agent says he's in the draft, which means he's already secured a top-10 pick, but with the way things are going, he now looks like a lock for the top 5. Warriors brass flew to Italy this weekend to get another look. Grizzlies godfather Jerry West is planning a last-minute visit if Skita won't come to him and the Suns are trying to convince his coach, Mike D'Antoni, to come along for the ride.

quote:

Yeah, thats true...but I heard the opposite. That Wilcox didn't impress. You know more than me on this subject though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilcox in the top 5. Take that under consideration.
* http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/44260.htm

quote:

I think Jiri is rising, rising, rising. He's a combo guard with great size and a nice shot. In the long run, I feel he'll be better than Rush, and that's what the Pacers need him for. Since, Reggie still has a few more years.

quote:

Bad foot, bad workouts= a major slip come draft day.
Borchardt tried to play the same game Dunleavy did, but it hasn't paid the same dividends. For starters, teams wanted plenty of time to examine his feet. The NBA is already littered with dysfunctional Big Foots and Borchardt's history of foot injuries has everyone a bit wary. Second, this draft has an amazing collection of tough guys from Wilcox, to Hilario to Amare Stoudemire. While Borchardt is a better shooter and taller than all of them, Insider has heard the word "soft" attached to his game by several teams. He won't slip past the Clippers at No. 12, but it's looking less likely that the Knicks (No. 7) or Heat (No. 10) will call his name.

quote:

I'm not going by what nbadraft.net says about him. He's another combo guard, and would be perfect next to Baron.
* Negatives: Size could be an issue for Mason, as he makes a transition to a straight NBA two guard. And scouts all insist that he should return to school. He might not be ready for the rigors of the NBA.
Summary: Mason should reconsider returning to school. He hasn't ruled it out, but going back to Virginia would make more sense since he's not a lock for the first round.

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love the Pistons taking Sampson. I probably know the most about this pick out of all my other picks. Detroit does not need someone right away, especially if they sign a PG. They have Okur coming over and Rodney White will be expected to play big minutes. They should easily be able to run a 10 man rotation... And furthermore, SF is not a need with Corliss, Rodney, Cliff, and Curry all able to cover at that position.
*http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/DiamondInTheRough020618.html

quote:

Agreed. I just didn't want to put him too high so schmoes like you could pick me apart, lol
*Zaur Pachulia and Mladen Sekularac -- Who? Pachulia got rave reviews in his first four workouts (Indiana, Milwaukee, Denver and Orlando). The 6-foot-11 big man and former teammate of Nikoloz Tskitishvili has the size and strength to be a legitimate post player in the NBA. The fact that he's from Europe and can be stashed away for another season or two only helps his stock. Sekularac, an athletic, 6-foot-8 two guard, had a general workout in D.C. and will be auditioning before a host of teams in L.A. Tuesday and Phoenix Wednesday. In between, he got a look in Indiana and Golden State this weekend. The word around the league is that he won't slip past Toronto at No. 20.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Reads... :)

Dajuan Wagner -- There's still a chance that Wagner could go as high as No. 5 to the Nuggets, but, the way the draft is playing out, it's looking more and more likely he could be in for a fall. Although teams have been impressed with his workouts, there are so many talented big men in this draft that the diminutive Wagner (he measured a disappointing 6' 3/4" in Chicago) could be in for a slide. The Nuggets like him, but it's beginning to look like either Butler or Drew Gooden will definitely fall to them. The Knicks like him, but won't take him if Gooden, Wilcox or Nene Hilario is on the board. The Heat may be interested, but they have Qytnel Woods and Jared Jeffries rated higher. It's not inconceivable that Wagner is on the board when the Wizards' pick at No. 11. Would MJ take a gamble on Wagner? The need a point guard and scoring in the worst way. . . Wagner has the potential to give them both.

Wasn't there a time in which people were discussing the possibility of him being the number 1 pick? This is somewhat shocking to me. I never would have thought he'd be the one slipping. I still think the Warriors would have something to be excited about with Wagner...moreso than Mike Dunleavy. The more I think of it, New York would be a good possibility for this guy to showcase his skills...

Speaking of mysterious, the more Skita sits on the bench thousands of miles from here, the more his stock continues to soar. His agent says he's in the draft, which means he's already secured a top-10 pick, but with the way things are going, he now looks like a lock for the top 5. Warriors brass flew to Italy this weekend to get another look. Grizzlies godfather Jerry West is planning a last-minute visit if Skita won't come to him and the Suns are trying to convince his coach, Mike D'Antoni, to come along for the ride.

I'm still not convinced the Grizzlies will take him, having Gasol and all. If one of them can play center fine, but Shane and Pau look like forwards to me, and they aren't going anywhere. The Cavs article doesn't say that they won't take Skita. If Skita is still on the board for them, I'd expect them to take him.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/basketball/nba/2001/buzz.htm

Borchardt tried to play the same game Dunleavy did, but it hasn't paid the same dividends. For starters, teams wanted plenty of time to examine his feet. The NBA is already littered with dysfunctional Big Foots and Borchardt's history of foot injuries has everyone a bit wary. Second, this draft has an amazing collection of tough guys from Wilcox, to Hilario to Amare Stoudemire. While Borchardt is a better shooter and taller than all of them, Insider has heard the word "soft" attached to his game by several teams. He won't slip past the Clippers at No. 12, but it's looking less likely that the Knicks (No. 7) or Heat (No. 10) will call his name.

With the Clippers first pick, I projected them taking Wilcox. It appears Wilcox will be off the board, but I think they will still go with a big man, since no PG will be available. With them taking a big man with the #8 pick there would be no reason to take Borchardt at 12. I think Borchardt will be the one sitting in the green room for awhile, as there is always someone every year.

*http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/Dia...ough020618.html

Point being? They brought in Chris Young for workouts. They aren't going to take him with the 23rd pick. Teams bring in variety of players. The Pistons don't need another small forward. They should be looking at the point and center. If that can't be had, than look overseas. They are deep enough that they don't need to get a player right now, especially if they sign McInnis.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
How many times must I say this?!?!:sigh:

Miami WONT take Jeffries if Woods or Stoudemire are still on the board at #10!In other words Woods is coming to Miami,and Stoudemire is going to Phoenix.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts