Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't sleep. Why, you ask? Because I have Dali on the brain. It's a horrible affliction and I hope none of you ever experience it for yourself. To remedy this, I thought I'd post my first thread to discuss a very frightening subject: Dali's Worst Trait... I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to pick just one, yet due to time constraints I'm going to limit myself to 3 selections (kind of).

Dis-Honorable Mention: No hands/No anticipation/Horrible FG&FT%/No basketball sense/No common sense/No athleticism/Highest TO per minute ratio this side of a bakery

2nd Runner Up: The way Tom Dore calls him "DaliBAR". Look, his freaking name is DalibOr. I don't think he's changed it. Look Tom, you know him, you deal with him on a daily basis, I assume you can spell, and you're paid BIG money, so say his name right already! (This technically may NOT be Dali's fault, but somehow I think it is...)

1st Runner Up: His "The Bulls don't appreciate me because I practice and should be getting way more playing time" attitude! In reality he should have the "I'm so lucky to be getting paid for faking playing basketball" attitude. He's like an ugly girl that's got an attitude problem. With issue #1, you really might want to reconsider #2.

My Choice for Dali's Worst Trait: It's not that he fouls so much... It's not even that he is stupid enough to get technical fouls (as if the refs would give him any respect!)... It's his mentality of "I see a little guy coming towards me in the lane with the ball. Sure, I know I'm way taller than him. And, sure, I have plenty of time to get over there and block his shot. If nothing else, I'm sure I could definitely ALTER his shot. But, on second thought, I think I'll just HAMMER him. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT actually going to go for the ball at all. (God forbid I might actually block/deflect/alter the shot without a foul being called!) I'll just blatantly push/hit/smash him so that any 4-yr old can plainly see that I fouled him and guarantee that he will get 2 FT."

Disagree? Discuss, Debate, DALIberate amongst yourselves.

·
Registered
835 Posts
"Vomit Bag"aric makes Travis Knight and Jack Haley look like Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. Bagaric should not be on this team or any NBA team. Didn't he actually play a game a few seasons ago with his shorts on backwards? Comic relief.

Jack Haley would humiliate him one-on-one. At least Haley knew he was a human victory cigar and had a good attitude.

The only reason Vomit Bagaric is still on the team is because he is a pet project of Krause, that and he passes out towels and soap in the shower better than anyone in Bulls history.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Hahahahaha...great stuff!

man, TWO really good posts guys!! Laughing out loud for REAL here!!! LOL.....vomit-Bag hahaha..the best I could ever come up with was Bag-o-...U know what!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Kramer
2nd Runner Up: The way Tom Dore calls him "DaliBAR". Look, his freaking name is DalibOr.
Funny you should mention that-- that has always bugged me as well! I didn't think anyone else had noticed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll definitly be on the lookout for Songcycle's reply to this particular topic; ducking as I look around; Should be quite interesting. :D

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by sinkingship
"Vomit Bag"aric makes Travis Knight and Jack Haley look like Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. Bagaric should not be on this team or any NBA team. Didn't he actually play a game a few seasons ago with his shorts on backwards? Comic relief.

Jack Haley would humiliate him one-on-one. At least Haley knew he was a human victory cigar and had a good attitude.

The only reason Vomit Bagaric is still on the team is because he is a pet project of Krause, that and he passes out towels and soap in the shower better than anyone in Bulls history.
Bags has three things going for him: he's young, tall, and was drafted by Jerry Krause. Other than that, I just don't see him sticking on an NBA roster past next season.

Seriously, a few things really piss me off about Bags:
1. He takes 20 foot jumpers, all the time - I actually saw him make one last season (damn I watch too many games!) but I think it was after the All-Star break
2. He thinks he's better than he really is - by pouting in garbage time (most of last season's minutes anyways) and not playing hard he has really turned many fans off, and this one included
3. He's brutal on defense - he would get more intentional fouls called on him except for the fact even the refs don't respect him enough to do this

Where have you gone Jake Tsakalidis? And please don't tell me he wasn't 'available'... he was in the States during the draft a couple years ago. JK went with the typical 'who the @#$%@# is that?' pick. But let's not dwell on the past.

I've seen some brutal, brutal big men these past seasons with the Bulls. Dickey 'LuBara' Simpkins, Michael Ruffin, Mark Bryant, etc. but at least those guys were role players and knew it. Hell, they even played some D. But Bags has a long way to go before being even a servicable backup. Maybe the LowGators will be interested though.

VD

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi worst trait is his s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s.

It's the one thing that I don't think can be overcome and why I think ultimately he'll be a 3rd string 5 instead of the 2nd stringer he was drafted to be. I want to latch onto the "he's big, young and cheap" line(and do sometimes) and keep hope alive but his lead feet keep telling me otherwise.

His hard fouls are a mystery to me because I can't read his emotion when he does them. There seems to be a lack of any emotion.

Anyone remember big Mike Brown who had all the finesse of a cement truck in sneakers?

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I CANT STAND DALIBOR.. LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT HIM ANYMORE... HE IS SO BAD!!! GOD!! I REALLY CANT STAND HIM ANYMORE!

here he is giving up an easy jam:
]

nice defense dali:

he just looks bad here:

YEA DOLLY! LET THE GREAT LEE NAILON DUNK OVER YOU!

·
Registered
42 Posts
How embarassing it will be for all of us if this guy eventually gets a game. Of course, I'll take it if its in a Bulls uniform and not in Croatia playing against high school level competition.

How is it Tom Dore has that job anyway? I can't stand the guy. Is he related to somebody or what? How much does a stiff like that make for having a dream job? I think I remember him bragging last year he was a big scorer in high school or college or something. Was it in the backwoods farm league? Whats Dore the Bore's bio?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
here he is giving up an easy jam:
]
Thats true Hawk, but look at the great position that his height and weight gets him to see the jam up close and personal! Think thats what JK envisioned when he drafted him? How come we didn't fire that scout (forgot his name)?

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by DSB
I think I remember him bragging last year he was a big scorer in high school or college or something. Was it in the backwoods farm league? Whats Dore the Bore's bio?
I don't know what his broadcasting background is, but I know he played HS ball at East Leyden (on same team as Glen Grunwald, now GM of the Raptors), and played college ball at Missouri.

He's tolerable. TV play by play guys really don't have much they have to do, though, except not offend. I much prefer Neil Funk.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Krause musta had a hand in hiring him..

Originally posted by Kneepad

I don't know what his broadcasting background is, but I know he played HS ball at East Leyden (on same team as Glen Grunwald, now GM of the Raptors), and played college ball at Missouri.

He's tolerable. TV play by play guys really don't have much they have to do, though, except not offend. I much prefer Neil Funk.
..he is by the way, another 7 footer, right?

also, did ya ever notice how much vomit-bag looks like herman munster running up and down the court? LOL really!:yes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha! Great stuff. For me, Dali's Worst Trait is a dead heat between his facial expression (got a triple dose of botox), and the fact that he moves like a constipated 95 year-old. One word: Frankenstein.

I usually give Krause credit, but just where did he find this guy!? He was a project in Croatia! I cringe every time he stands up

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by Sep

Ha! Great stuff. For me, Dali's Worst Trait is a dead heat between his facial expression (got a triple dose of botox), and the fact that he moves like a constipated 95 year-old. One word: Frankenstein.

I usually give Krause credit, but just where did he find this guy!? He was a project in Croatia! I cringe every time he stands up
lmao
:laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
This thread just made my day! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Re: Re: My First Thread! Dali's Worst Trait

Originally posted by Kneepad

Funny you should mention that-- that has always bugged me as well! I didn't think anyone else had noticed.
I get aggitated when Dore calls him "Big Dolly". There's only one "Big Dolly" and her last name is Parton.

The guy has all the finesse of a Bull in a chinashop.

This is a great thread, keep 'em coming fellas!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts