Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there won't be a trade until tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong, but if the trade was made today, the players could play against their old team tomorrow. Am I right? I'm not completely sure...

In any case, if that were true, there would be NO WAY that Dallas or Portland would want to face Sheed or Jamison the day after the trade. Although..... It WOULD fill up the rose garden!!!!

Anyway, that's just my gut feeling. No trade until tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong.

One way or another Wallace is leaving town with Dallas... That's just my instincts though.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
How about until after the game tonight Dallas vs Denver

The teams can meet at half court at the Rose Garden, then split up.. then we have a trade...

then they can go to the locker rooms take their physicals and be done with it?

Think about it.. it might just happen :eek:

What was Atlanta's number again ?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Dallas plays tonight, if the deal were to hapen tomorrow none of the new players would play at all in all likelyhood.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
How about until after the game tonight Dallas vs Denver

The teams can meet at half court at the Rose Garden, then split up.. then we have a trade...
I think that happened in baseball not too long ago a player was traded to the team they were playing at the time was called outa the dugout went back into the clubhouse then went around to the other dugout for the rest of the game.

I may be wrong but it sounds familiar.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I think league offices are closed on the weekend..... correct?

so deals can not be finalized until Monday???

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
according to my sources Rasheed could play for Dallas in tomorrow's game if he were traded today and if he passed his physical.

If that's true, the trade wouldn't be consumated until after these two squads play...

Although, I STILL think the possibility of a sure sellout would be too tempting for Nash.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Except one thing, bot teams may see it as advantageous to play each other while players are not eligible to play yet, as they both would be shorthanded.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Portland would have the upper hand in that case. They haven't had sheed for the last few games. Dallas on the other hand would be without their best guy off the bench.

Although the blazers DO stink right now... probably a draw. :grinning:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Plus Dallas still would have Dirk, Finely, Nash and either Walker or Jamieson.

COmpared to Zach, Derek, and Damon...:sour:

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I remember The Sonics played Milwaukee the day after the GP/Allen trade. Both teams agreed not to play the traded players for the game. Not 100% sure, but I think you can make it a condition of the trade.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Heck, let them play if it goes down. It would be fun to watch. :D

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Scinos</b>!
I remember The Sonics played Milwaukee the day after the GP/Allen trade. Both teams agreed not to play the traded players for the game. Not 100% sure, but I think you can make it a condition of the trade.
Yeah, I definitely think it's possible. Couldn't you make the trade conditional on a physical being passed, then schedule the physical for sometime after the game? The trade can be announced but not fully consummated until the physical takes place. Aren't trades done under those circumstances quite a bit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts