Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 38.6 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Samaki Walker (3.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.2 apg in 14.6 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (5.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.9 minutes)
SG Eddie Jones (18.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 37.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +11.0 ppg, +4.3 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

Miami trades: PF Samaki Walker (3.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.2 apg in 14.6 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (5.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.9 minutes)
SG Eddie Jones (18.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 37.1 minutes)
Miami receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: -11.0 ppg, -4.3 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

We get eddie jones who Pat Riles has been shopping for a while, we get a struggling Butler who is gettting all of his points taken away by odem and a Walker who is a So so bench player...

I dont kno if Riles has given up on Butler after the injury or not but Odom would move to his original Postion at SF and Wallace would once again be with his Brian Grant

Portland gets a Starting SG who will light everyone up, and a Starting SF if he gets out of his slump. WE get one young peice which will help Zach but possibly hinder Woods....

Im ready for the bashing to begin... i remind you this is my first trade proposal... i probably overvalued wallace in this trade but i kno that Riles is sick of Jones

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I think I'd do it. It's far from ideal but still doable. Jones contract flies in the face of all that cap cutting talk but between his contributions on the court and Butler's value it might be better than we could do with the 2005 cap space we'd be forsaking. This kind of reminds me of the Stackhouse and Kwame Brown trade that Jeff from hoopsworld suggested a couple weeks back. We get a young prospect and a contributing veteran.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
This is one of those trades out there that has been proposed, that I think Nash might keep in the back of his hat to pull out if need be.

EJ is 32 and has 4 years remainng on his contract counting this year. In his third year 2005/06 it is a player option. Unless he is extremely unhappy here I think we can assume he woudl keep it since it pays so well, compared to what he might get in the FA market. He is at $12.3 mill and ends up in 4 years at $15.7 mil

He is a good talent, and plays both sides of the court well. He is young for his age.

Butlet has POTENTIAL, and would be something to look at. He looks like he will eventually be a great player in this league. He has a bit of a past they say. So I am skeptical :eek: We have enough of those around here

Its not bad, but it helps Miami out considerable. Clearing more cap room for them. It would take next years team salary down to $22.6 mil. They can resign Sheed and still make a big splash in the FA market. Even if Sheed is at $8-10 mil.

Moving EJ is big for them. In fact moving EJ for Damon as an alternative is not too bad at all :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts