Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C-Marcus Camby
Having a great season, along with Nene and Melo, one of the league's best front courts.

PF-Joe Smith
Averaging almost a double-double, a good inside presence.

SF-Richard Jefferson
Ultra Athletic, averaging 16 and 6 for a team on the crossroads.

SG- Richard Hamilton
The best mid range shooter in the game, the driving force behind the Pistons

PG- Jason Williams
Just look at his ast/to ratio, should be considered as a top PG

Rookie- Kirk Hinrich
I'll be the first to admit that he proved me wrong on how he'd adjust, a future star.

Coach- Nate McMillen
Coaching a team with no 4 or 5, might be in the playoffs as the 8

Team- The Bucks (of course)
Who has the best home record in the east (as of 1/26/04)? Who is the highest scoring team in the east? Who is their starting C (gotcha)?

opinions always wanted

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yeah. Especially about the Bucks. I was way wrong about them. I'm still hoping that one day they'll wake up and fall out of the playoff picture. But that seems very unlikely.

Any Buck fans want to break it down for me why they are doing so well this year? Is it Michael Redd? Terry Porter? TJ Ford? What?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I agree on Milwaukee, I keep hearing people call them a borderline playoff team, but in reality, they are tied for the 3rd best record in the east. Who would have thought after dumping Payton, Cassell, Allen, and Murray they would be a better team?

When I watch the Bucks play, it's not just one guy stepping up, they just all play very very hard. They are like the Detroit team from two years ago, they don't have much in the way of talent, but they play their hearts out.

I also agree with you about Richard Hamilton, lost in the shuffle of the new coach and the new starters in Detroit, is the fact that Rip is posting career highs in FG%, assists, and steals along with playing the best defense of his career.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Antoine Walker- How can a guy average 16 plus points, 9.5 plus rebounds and 5.4 assists not be getting any mentions for an All Star team when he plays on a team with 4 other guys all averging 15 plus points a game? (yes I know who else plays in the West with much better numbers but when you look at lists of players with a chance. Walker has better numbers then most and his name is never mentioned)

Team- Pacers and Bucks. I can see either team giving the West a run for their money in a seven game series.

I know I will get a lot of disagreements with this but Lakers-
They are injured right now and everyone is writing them off to win this year for several reasons. This is the Lakers people. If 3 of the big 4 are healthy come playoff time. No one can beat them.

Sam Cassell- He is having an amazing year and no one voted for him for the All Star team? He has been the best in the West so far this year and is a big part of the reason Kevin Garnett is having the year he is.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Sam was voted best point guard in the west by a landslide in an NBA.com poll, I think he's getting enough love.

And I said the Bucks were good, but don't go too far, they play hard, but they're going to have a hard enough time getting out of the first round in the east, saying they could give whoever comes out of the west a good series is pretty laughable.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ostertag-fan</b>!

PG- Jason Williams
Just look at his ast/to ratio, should be considered as a top PG
Word.

Rookie- Kirk Hinrich
I'll be the first to admit that he proved me wrong on how he'd adjust, a future star.
100% agreed, except I tried to tell everybody he'd be a stud before the season began..................

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Sam was voted best point guard in the west by a landslide in an NBA.com poll, I think he's getting enough love.
I disagree. I think he deserved to voted on as a starter and the fans didn't do that. With the year he is having he deserved at least that. He is the reason Kevin Garnett is playing as well as he has been this year.
saying they could give whoever comes out of the west a good series is pretty laughable.
The first Western conference team to take that egotistical attitude into a playoff series for a title will lose it.
The Bucks have beaten some of the best teams in the league this year. Take them lightly and that team deserves to lose.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Since when have the fans EVER voted in the best players at each position, you can use all-star fan voting as any gauge of respect. Hell, I bet Steve Francis gets thousands upon thousands of Chinese votes just for being Yao's teammate.

Also, if you take any team in the NBA lightly you can loose, but nobody takes anybody lightly in the playoffs. Milwaukee is a very underrated team, but lets not take things too far, they won't get out of the first round in the east, but it's a major testament to them that they will even be there.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
To find the no respect teams look up Mark Stein's old power rankings.

Sonics:

2004 Training Camp. Rank 27.

"Seattle surprisingly accounted for 20 percent of the Olympic team: Ray Allen and Nick Collison. Of course, those two (and Rashard Lewis) represent like 95 percent of a thin Sonics squad."
:laugh:

Bucks:

2004 Preseason. Rank 29.

"Swingmen are the strength: Redd, Des Mason, Tim Thomas. Think that's strong enough to eventually get Bucks into the top 25?"

Jazz:

2004 Training Camp. Rank 29.

"Is it finally safe to write these guys off? Poor Sloan and the Jazz faithful are in for a culture shock, but there are worse fates than starting over as heavy favorites to win next lottery ... and with lots of cap space for trades, if not signings."

·
Registered
118 Posts
But everyone thought the same way, except fans of the teams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.