Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my boy did a mock last night

1. Atlanta Hawks-PG Chris Paul- The Hawks are in desperate need of a leader for this franchise… They can exist for without a true C, especially in the East, but they must help the break with players like Smith and Childress…

2. Charlotte Bobcats-SF Marvin Williams- I really don‘t see them taking Bogut, especially after taking Okafor last year… They want Paul badly to carry this franchise, but they settle for Williams to help Okafor…

3. New Orleans Hornets- PF Fran Vazquez- They do not need Bogut, because they have a good C in Magloire… All scouts say he has tremendous mobility and great leaping ability…

4. Utah Jazz-PG Deron Williams- They have had tough luck with injuries, but front office moves of trading away Arroyo hurt… They need a PG badly, and have needed one since Stockton retired… The Jazz have a good young nucleus and Williams is a great PG prospect…

5. Golden State- C Andrew Bogut- Golden State has a great chance to win next year… They needed the most NBA ready big man, and got him in Bogut… This team has one of the best backcourts in the league, and must solidify their low post game…

6. Portland Trailblazers- SG Rashad McCants- He is a great NBA ready player who has a good range on his shot and tremendous athleticism… His personality fits the team perfectly, and SG is a huge weakness…

7. Milwaukee Bucks- C Martynas Andriuskevicius- The Bucks could be in trouble if they lose Redd, but I think that they have a legitimate shot in resigning him… Andriuskevicius has the most bust potential out of anyone, but he could easily turn into a 17 and 12 guy… Really must develop quickly…

8. New York Knicks- C/PF Chris Taft- The Knicks have given no C, with Kurt Thomas listed there as the top one… Taft has been waiting for the pros, and probably why he had a dropoff in his numbers… Very mobile and fit’s the Knick offense well…

9. Toronto Raptors- SF Gerald Green- They need star power with the loss of Vince Carter… All will see his athleticism in the McDonald’s All American Game…
10. Los Angeles Clippers- SG/SF Antoine Wright- The Clippers are developing Shaun Livingston into a tremendous player… They have a glaring hole at SF and Wright plays well in the half court game, and on the break… One of the most complete players in the draft…

11. New Jersey Nets- SF/PF Hakim Warrick- The Nets are weak up front, and need someone who can run… They are clearly missing Kenyon Martin on the defensive side, and Warrick’s long arms and uncanny leaping ability are a perfect fit for this team…

12. Los Angeles Lakers-PF Sean May- I don’t see them keeping this pick, but if they do, they are really bad up front on offense and defense… May is, from what I’ve seen, the best rebounder in the draft… He has the most fundamentally sound low post game…

13. Toronto Raptors via Philadelphia 76ers- PG Raymond Felton- The Raptors are also in need of a PG, and Felton is terrific… He runs the break with tremendous poise, and vision… With Green already taken, the two will make one of the best young duos in the game…
14. Minnesota Timberwolves- SF Joey Graham- Latrell Spreewell has not showed up, and done nothing but b***h about his contract… He’s on his way out… This team has a lack of defensive intensity, and Graham is one of the best defenders in college…

15. Orlando Magic- SG/SF Kennedy Winston- Great natural scorer, who can get up and get it… Excellent player on the break, with tremendous speed… Very good size with and NBA ready body…

16. Indiana- SG Francisco Garcia- With the oncoming retirement of Reggie Miller, the team needs a true shooter, and Fred Jones doesn’t give them that… Garcia has great height, and has the ability to play the point…

17. Phoenix- C Johan Petro- Few players have as much upside as Petro… This team is in no real need of a contributor right away… They can let Petro sit and develop for a year or two… He is on of the most athletic big men in the draft, and fits the up and down style…

18. Charlotte- PG/SG Louis Williams- This team is in need of a scorer very badly, and must address this need in the draft… Williams is the definition of a combo guard… Not really the height of a SG, but can’t distribute like a PG… He has been on the national scene for a while, and has the chance to be a franchise player…

19. Denver- SG Monta Ellis- He is the prep Dajuan Wagner… He is the best scorer in the nation, averaging more than 40 PPG… One of the best shooters in the draft and can flat out fill it up…

20. Orlando- SF Nemanja Aleksandrov- No player has fallen more in the past year… He was the #1 pick, but now falls… Great player in workouts (Nikoloz Tskitishvili) but hasn’t proved much in terms of game…

21. Boston- PF Tiago Splitter- There is always a foreigner who falls… Lampe two years ago, Podkolzine last year… The typical foreigner who plays great offense, but average at best defense…

22. Memphis- PF Ike Diogu- A real force down on the low block… A huge body that is hard to stop with a great deal of fundamentals… He has outstanding footwork, but his lack ok height will hurt his stock… Shows many similarities to Elton Brand…

23. Houston- PF Wayne Simien- A well proven player who has solid rebounding skills… Great scorer, who can knock down the twelve footer… Can score with his back to the basket…

24. Sacramento- SF/PF Charlie Villanueva- A very talented player with a very versatile game… He can play inside and outside, and run well… Fits Sacramento’s team mold well…

25. Detroit- SF Danny Granger- A do it all player who carried his team to the tourney… Extremely athletic, and a solid defender…

26. Dallas- SG Rudy Fernandez- The Mavericks have a solid rotation… Finley is now in his tenth year, and won’t be there forever… Fernandez has long arms, and can play the two or three if needed…

27. Seattle- SG Salim Stoudamire- Ray Allen is an FA, and may leave… Stoudamire is one of the best shooters in the nation, and really fits this team style better than anyone in the draft…

28. New York- Ronny Turiaf- I really feel that the Knicks have given up on Mike Sweetney… He has received minimal playing time… Thomas did not make the pick of Sweetney, and wants to rid the organization of anything from the Scott Laden era… Turiaf is a very athletic low post player… He doesn’t really have much of a low post game, but his athleticism attracts Thomas…

29. Miami-Jarrett Jack- Miami has no PG, and must get better at that area to be better in the future… Jack gives them a scorer and a playmaker… He will be an immediate impact player

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Sean May will never be a lottey pick, he will never be a first round pick. McCants wont go that high. Bogut will go 1 or Williams. The Clippers have a huge hole at the small forward? Maggette and Simmons.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i hope the boy made these picks and not you. are you serious about bogut lasting until the 5 th pick. golden state could only wish. mccants isnt any prize i doubt he goes before 20 and splitter is borderline top 5.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Starbury03 said:
Sean May will never be a lottey pick, he will never be a first round pick. McCants wont go that high. Bogut will go 1 or Williams. The Clippers have a huge hole at the small forward? Maggette and Simmons.
Why don't you like Sean May? I think he is going to go late lottery when he comes out in 2006.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Starbury03 said:
Sean May will definitely go in the 1st round in 2005 or 2006.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I'll give this draft a 1.5 out of 5. The talent levels just don't match with the picks. Tiago Splitter, Charlie Villanueva and Jarrett Jack are all too late. Miami doesn't have a pick, but if they ever got Jack, he wouldn't start over Damon Jones.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
why not? who is your shooting guard?

also there is no way in hell utah passes on bogut

1 - 10 of 10 Posts