Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Pascal Siakam.... Say who??? Doesn't really matter. Another PF. Let them battle it out to see who stays, who goes to the 905 and whether one or both get packaged in another deal.

I'm at least happy we addressed our gaping hole with two potentials... Would have liked to get Deyonta Davis but they must know something I don't.

My Faith is in Ujiri ....

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
That pick also signals to me that they don't think Biyombo will be back. At $2.8 million, he was a steal. At whatever crazy amount of money some team desperate for rim protection is going to pay him this offseason, maybe not.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too .... He basically has the exact same game as Biz. Little offence unless its at the net, big, fast on his feet, rolls well and sets good screens .... So a younger, cheaper version without the history and the league respect.
Starting from Scratch...

Now we still need a real 4 that can stretch the floor and make shots .... hmmm ;-)

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
The news this morning is that Biyombo wants to come back as long as DeRozan does. He has said that he will wait as long as the team needs to feel out that situation.

To me the natural question would be... can this team go back to the Eastern Conference Finals by just bringing back the current cast of characters without any significant additions (maybe Bruno)?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The news this morning is that Biyombo wants to come back as long as DeRozan does. He has said that he will wait as long as the team needs to feel out that situation.

To me the natural question would be... can this team go back to the Eastern Conference Finals by just bringing back the current cast of characters without any significant additions (maybe Bruno)?
Now that's great news to hear .... still a question of money though, how much will be left after Demar? Sounds like he completely understands the issue and will be willing to take a little less than he might get on the market.

Also means we'll be able to focus any trade discussions to include Ross + Nogeira (now expendable) and others to getting a starting 4 with Patterson and Caboclo off the bench. I don't see us advancing without that....

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

If everyone is healthy then I don't see why not. We played half of our playoffs without Valanciunas and Carroll was 50% at best. I think our biggest threat outside of Cleveland is the Pacers. Teague is an upgrade and Thad Young is at least better than Lavoy Allen.

It is still way too early to say though. A lot of teams in the East have money to spend. For all we know Durant can land in Boston and change the entire landscape of the league.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Looks like the Raps are already close to wrapping up Demar That was fast !!

Next up, the summer schedule and player list. As well as locking up our rooks and Biyombo. Hmmmmm, if the Raps and Demar have already agreed on a number that quickly it means there might be room for Biz after all. Its no secret mgmt and players all know whats at stake. Interesting ...

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looking at the crazy contracts that's being thrown around I doubt we'll make any more significant moves this off season. That Ross contract is looking like bargain so perhaps we should just hold on to it for a while. If he plays well early on in the season, the fact that he is young and athletic and on a bargain contract should mean that we can get something valuable for him at the trade deadline.

Like I said earlier, I think Bruno is still our best hope at this point for an affordable stretch 4. I think we should try him out early in the season to see if it's a viable option down the road. If it is, try to extend him on a cheap contract and hope that he develops into a starting caliber 4 next year. Meanwhile, sign a guy like Kris Humphries or David Lee for a cheap contract to bolster depth.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Anyone else hear the rumour of

Patterson/Carroll/Bebe/Future 1st

For

Blake Griffin

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
All right fellas .... time to finally get things started up here again.

Sooo... A couple quick thoughts.

I'm pretty satisfied with the moves over the summer. We needed to shore up the 4 and get some depth and we brought in a starter in Sullinger and a viable third string in Siakam (I like what we're seeing in him) But by next summer we'll be back in the same boat and looking for other options at the 4 .... Sully will be moving on and possibly PatPat too depending on what's he's asking and what we'll need to resign KLow

As for the rest of the team....
JV is still JV ... better smarten up though. I never want to see a night from him like last night against Washington ever again... we've turned that corner.
Ross ... Good lord will this be his year finally.... doubt it.
Carroll ... I know we haven't seen the best of him yet, but ahhh its about freakin time!
Nogueira ... hmmm, some flashes but we may as well trade him now
Poeltl ..... still looks lost at times
Caboclo ....sighhh I think he's 1 year from being 2 years away... trade him too
VanVleet is an ok (safe) addition
Crawford .... I would have liked to see more of him though I think he represented himself quite well ..

As for the rest of the team, well .... not much different from last year.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts