Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Ben Gordon may be traded.I just kind of get that feeling.I wouldn't want it to happen because he is one of my favorite players on this team.I don't know he just does not seem to fit in.He's hot in many games but sometimes he's ice cold and has absolutley no effect in a game.A good example is tonights game againt the Heat and the previous game against the Bucks.We are pretty much out of the playoff race now.Even if we do make it in,it seems like Ben just isn't giving 100%.We can make excuses for him,hey he makes them for himself. All the Skiles bashing I've been doing,I'm starting to see why he puts Ben on the bench soo much.The guy can score but he needs to wake up and put his all into the game.If Gordon doesn't want to put in 100% effort,I think Paxson will trade him and I'm 100%.I'm not bashing Gordon so don't hate on this thread.It's just how I feel.If you want my honest opinion they should trade Chandler.

I would now like to say on a happier note that Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni have been quite impressive as of late.Deng's numbers in March for pts. & rebs.( 18pts. per contest with 11rebs. ) Luol is turning into a confident and fearless competitor.I may catch some heat for this one,but I dare to say he may be the next great Bull!!! He may average a double double every single game next year!! Its crazy how much he's improved just from February to March.I gotta say I'm impressed.I haven't seen a guy on this team that can bring so much to the table since Jordan and Pippen.I'm telling you,the only thing that can keep him from a future all star game is if he gets snubbed.The Bulls would be fools to trade" Luol the animal steel ".

Nocioni,Nocioni what can I say? His improvement has been tremendous as well.I remember last year he was this hard nosed bruiser.Now he's still that way only a little more calm,and is developing a really nice shot.He raised his points avg. by all most 3 more a game!! Quite an increase.And even though he could be good trade bait the Bulls shouldn't trade him eaither.He has too much love for the game.Nocioni and Deng play thier hearts out every night,the results are not always there but you can see they love to compete.Ben is awsome I just wish his passion for the game was.Come'on Ben,don't loose focus we need you in a Bulls uniform.

· Registered
3,379 Posts
7RINGS? said:
I think Ben Gordon may be traded.I just kind of get that feeling.I wouldn't want it to happen because he is one of my favorite players on this team.I don't know he just does not seem to fit in.He's hot in many games but sometimes he's ice cold and has absolutley no effect in a game.A good example is tonights game againt the Heat and the previous game against the Bucks.We are pretty much out of the playoff race now.Even if we do make it in,it seems like Ben just isn't giving 100%.We can make excuses for him,hey he makes them for himself. All the Skiles bashing I've been doing,I'm starting to see why he puts Ben on the bench soo much.The guy can score but he needs to wake up and put his all into the game.If Gordon doesn't want to put in 100% effort,I think Paxson will trade him and I'm 100%.I'm not bashing Gordon so don't hate on this thread.It's just how I feel.If you want my honest opinion they should trade Chandler.

I would now like to say on a happier note that Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni have been quite impressive as of late.Deng's numbers in March for pts. & rebs.( 18pts. per contest with 11rebs. ) Luol is turning into a confident and fearless competitor.I may catch some heat for this one,but I dare to say he may be the next great Bull!!! He may average a double double every single game next year!! Its crazy how much he's improved just from February to March.I gotta say I'm impressed.I haven't seen a guy on this team that can bring so much to the table since Jordan and Pippen.I'm telling you,the only thing that can keep him from a future all star game is if he gets snubbed.The Bulls would be fools to trade" Luol the animal steel ".

Nocioni,Nocioni what can I say? His improvement has been tremendous as well.I remember last year he was this hard nosed bruiser.Now he's still that way only a little more calm,and is developing a really nice shot.He raised his points avg. by all most 3 more a game!! Quite an increase.And even though he could be good trade bait the Bulls shouldn't trade him eaither.He has too much love for the game.Nocioni and Deng play thier hearts out every night,the results are not always there but you can see they love to compete.Ben is awsome I just wish his passion for the game was.Come'on Ben,don't loose focus we need you in a Bulls uniform.

I think Nocioni is overrated. I'd love for the Bulls to trade him and replace him either with Harrington as 4/3 or an athletic 3/2 player. Or they could do both.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
I agree 100%. I'm happy with Luol and Nocioni's progress throughout the season. It's just sad that they don't have more help in the frontcourt. And guys like Ben and Duhon have to step it up next year, or things could change fast. I think that Ben really has a knack for scoring, he just seems to get lost in the rotation some games. Sometimes he'll go off for 23-30 points, sometimes he'll go for 6 (today against the Heat.) I'm wondering if Skiles' hard-nosed attitude is making him unconfortable on the court when he knows he could get pulled anytime during the game. He just needs to learn how to play for an entire game, and he needs to learn how to use his strength to his advantage. I constantly see him try and get a floater, when he could just as easily go for a nice lay-up, or maybe even elevate a little more and go for some nice dunks. But he just needs to find it in himself to get his game to another level. He's really starting to fall off right now, and if he continues, we'll get killed for the rest of the season. Actually, I think Ben is better when he's the secondary threat on the court. If we had a big man to feed the ball and dunk and get easy points, I think Ben could be very dangerous. He doesn't seem to enjoy being "the guy," so I think if we could get another guy to really get us the "easy" points, Ben could really step up his game to another level around next year.

And like you said, Deng and Noce have just been very consistent and always find ways to improve their games. And, I too, would not like to see either of them leave, because Deng has a great all-around game, and Noce has a passion like no other guy on our team. He really loves to play the game, or at least he really shows it when he plays. A guy like that does not show up on every team, although it would be VERY nice if he was like 6" taller. Than he could be our passionate "big" man. Well, there's always some hope for the future.

Anyway, the only thing that's missing that I truly think could get us back to the 50-win-or-so plateau would be a offensive big man with size and agility, and some veteran guys (maybe a guard and a big man). And a couple more years of these guys playing together. I hope that's all it takes, because I'd like to avoid seasons like this one as much as possible. Right? Right!! lol :banana:

· Registered
1,728 Posts
7RINGS? said:

Yeah, I completely agree. Around the trading deadline, I thought Paxson could actually pull a gordon, pick, salary filler for pierce trade. Now, with Pierce playing so well and Gordon looking more and more like a one dimensional player, I'm no longer sure what his trade value is.

Luol and especially Nocioni have been very impressive this season. They both show the kind of heart and energy that Ben Gordon seems to lack on most nights.

· Registered
333 Posts
You know it was only a month ago when Gordon was lighting it up, and everybody was calling Deng selfish with his shoot first mentality.

Now that Deng is making his jumpers this month and Gordon isn't everybody flip flops thier opinions.

It's been happening all season on these forums.

Everybody loved Sweetney in November...things have changed and everybody has jumped off the Sweetney love bandwagon.

Gordon had a great February...he has had a few bad games and everybody is on the trade gordon bandwagon again.

Deng had a good start to the year and faded, just this week started playing well again and everybody is on the Deng is going to be a superstar bandwagon again.

Chandler half the year we call him a waste of money. Then he plays well for a few weeks and all is forgotten.

I could go on, but Id be wasting my time. Since it seems every player on our team has had a stretch where they have played great for a few weeks...then disappear again. Just a shame they choose to all play thier best at seperate times.

· Registered
835 Posts
We are completely set at the 1 & 3 positions. If it is Hinrich/Gordon, or Hinrich/Duhon, we are set at small guard. Deng/Nocioni is a great combo for years at the 3.

The other 3 positions we blow. I do think Gordon is the best person to trade, as he has decent value and is an out of position guard. I agree it is likely he is the first to go in a trade.

· Registered
3,383 Posts
You know it was only a month ago when Gordon was lighting it up, and everybody was calling Deng selfish with his shoot first mentality.

Now that Deng is making his jumpers this month and Gordon isn't everybody flip flops thier opinions.
I still haven't changed that view on Deng, it'll take alot more than a few good games to sway me. As for Gordon, I like the guy but I've always had long term doubts.
I do agree with everyone else though, I do see him as being the first to go, that and because he has the highest trade value out of everyone.

· Registered
2,150 Posts
Paxson is not going to trade Gordon and this is nonsense. Paxson treats his draft picks like family and he is not sending them off unless it is for a superstar and no one will trade Gordon for KG. The bulls will draft a SG and C/PF next year and we will be set.

david

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.