Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading a lot about what other people think we should do so I will post my own:

To start with we need to complete the buyout of JWill's contract to open a roster spot.

First thing after that is this trade:

Chicago trades:
C Eddy Curry (12.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.9 minutes) PF Marcus Fizer (6.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Chicago receives:
SG James Posey (11.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 27.9 minutes)
PG Earl Watson (5.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 5.1 apg in 22.4 minutes) SG Dahntay Jones (2.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 8.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.2 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and +6.5 apg.

Memphis trades:
SG James Posey (11.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 27.9 minutes)
PG Earl Watson (5.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 5.1 apg in 22.4 minutes) SG Dahntay Jones (2.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 8.8 minutes)
Memphis receives:
C Eddy Curry (12.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 35 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 24 games)

Change in team outlook: -1.2 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and -6.5 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Why we would do this? We get a good shooter/defender in Posey who can play SG/SF which we need badly. We also get a good backup PG in Watson who could relieve Hinrich of so many minutes and he is definetly an upgrade from Rick Brunson. Getting Dahnty Jones doesn't hurt either.

Why we they do this? They get 2 big men who can be used on the block because that isn't Gasoul's game. It would really help them expand their offense because teams could no longer just focus on their perimeter players. They have a surplus of SG/SFs anyway and it wouldn't hurt them to let some walk.

Now that we traded 2 big men away we could use another. So we do this trade:

Chicago trades:
SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
SG Kendall Gill (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 26.2 minutes)
Chicago receives:
PF Melvin Ely (4.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.8 minutes) SG Quentin Richardson (17.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 34.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -5.3 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades:
PF Melvin Ely (4.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.8 minutes)
SG Quentin Richardson (17.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 34.8 minutes)

L.A. Clippers receives:
SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 40 games) SG Kendall Gill (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 42 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.3 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and +4.8 apg.
TRADE ACCEPTED

Why we do this? We get better defense/rebounding/slashing than what we had in Jamal. We also get another PF/C which makes up for what we lost in the Curry/Fizer deal. We also lose playmaking by Jamal but that is why I included Watson in the previous trade.

Why they do this? They get a much needed point gaurd. Other than that I don't see any reason. But since they are in the hunt for Kobe we could probably sweeten the deal with maybe including Fizer in this one instead of the other deal with Brunson or someother expiring contract. If this deal doesn't happen, it doesn't hurt us all that much overall.

Offseason moves. Well, depending on if everything went well, we should re-sign QRich to a long term deal. Here are the next moves we would need to make:

At this point we do not need Chris Jeffries unless he has improved greatly. Thus, he needs to be cut.

Considering our record and that we can't seem to get any string of wins together, we should have the #1 pick. So we take Emeka Okafor.

If there are steals in the 2nd round, we will have to either let Dupree walk or Blount despite how much I like both of them.

We need more shooters so we sign Hedo Turkoglu for the MLE. If we don't get Turk I think we should try to sign Wesely Person to the MLE.

If JWill is good enough to play, someone like Blount or Dupree will be let go.

Last thing is to make Chandler get into the weight room. He could easily gain 15lbs this off-season(didn't Kobe do it a while back?) He will need to be at 250lbs to play C.

FINAL 2004-2005 ROSTER:

PG - Hinrich
SG - QRich
SF - Posey
PF - Okafor
C - Chandler

PG - Watson
SG - Jones
SF - Turkoglu, Robinson, Pippen, Dupree(2nd rounder)
PF - JYD, Ely
C - Davis, Blount(2nd rounder)

Now we would have a surplus of SF's which is the opposite of this year. We could pray that Pippen retires and we could open a roster spot for a second rounder such as Romaine Sato who could maybe take Dahnty's minutes at the SG. But overall this is a much improved team. Our second unit is better than our current line up IMO. Our front court we be scary, who would want to drive in the lane when Okafor and Chandler are lurking??? What do you guys think?

·
Banned
780 Posts
well you can subtract pip form that team as he will be lucky to make to the end of this road trip much less into next season.this is his last yr no ifs ands or buts about it

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
People need to get off "we can trade for Q Rich magic stick", we're not giving him up in a trade....

Not in trades of the magnitudes some of you have proposed...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts