Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know we are in the middle of a playoff hunt, but im bored so here goes my new mock offseason, being as realistic as possible...

team options- vaughn (yes), cliff (yes)

nets free agents

best-not resigned
buford-not resigned
thomas- resigned for minimum 1 yr contract
scalabrine- resigned to 2-3 year deal for 1-2 mill per year (small part of mle)
smith-resigned for minimum 1 yr contract (depth)

players then under contract

pg- kidd-vaughn
sg- carter-zoran-mercer
sf- rj-thomas
pf- cliff-scalabrine
c- nenad-collins-jabari

trade

cliff, mercer, rights to drejer, and 2006 clippers draft pick for stromile swift in a sign and trade-
sign to 6 year deal around 50 mill

draft

danny granger- great all around player at the 3- rebounder, quick, leader, runs the break--mock drafts have him going between 11 and 15

2nd round- lawrence roberts- a true inside player who averaged 17 and 11 in the sec--mid secound rounder in mock drafts

sign

kareem rush to 3 or 4 year deal for most of the mle--good scorer off the bench

team

pg--kidd-vaughn-zoran
sg--carter-rush-filler
sf--rj-granger-thomas
pf--stro-scalabrine-roberts
c--nenad-collins-jabari

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
That trade for Stromile is horrible. That Clips pick is going to be very valuable.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
With Swift's desire for a large contract, his heart condition, and his lack luster effort, he's fallen a bit on my wish list.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
jkidd333 said:
i know we are in the middle of a playoff hunt, but im bored so here goes my new mock offseason, being as realistic as possible...

team options- vaughn (yes), cliff (yes)

nets free agents

best-not resigned
buford-not resigned
thomas- resigned for minimum 1 yr contract
scalabrine- resigned to 2-3 year deal for 1-2 mill per year (small part of mle)
smith-resigned for minimum 1 yr contract (depth)

players then under contract

pg- kidd-vaughn
sg- carter-zoran-mercer
sf- rj-thomas
pf- cliff-scalabrine
c- nenad-collins-jabari

trade

cliff, mercer, rights to drejer, and 2006 clippers draft pick for stromile swift in a sign and trade-
sign to 6 year deal around 50 mill

draft

danny granger- great all around player at the 3- rebounder, quick, leader, runs the break--mock drafts have him going between 11 and 15

2nd round- lawrence roberts- a true inside player who averaged 17 and 11 in the sec--mid secound rounder in mock drafts

sign

kareem rush to 3 or 4 year deal for most of the mle--good scorer off the bench

team

pg--kidd-vaughn-zoran
sg--carter-rush-filler
sf--rj-granger-thomas
pf--stro-scalabrine-roberts
c--nenad-collins-jabari
Stro will play for the Hornets next season, so you can delete this dream.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:
With Swift's desire for a large contract, his heart condition, and his lack luster effort, he's fallen a bit on my wish list.

-Petey
I unfortunately have to agree w/ this. I'd still take a flyer on Stro, but not at that price.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
i'd rather resign Best than thomas, and anyone but Stro his asking price will probably be too high. Kwame Brown, Marshall or SAR would be pretty good signings for the nets

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Seems most people have soured on Swift, whether it be b/c of money, health, defense, or anything else. Seems most everyone wants SAR, Marshall, or Chandler (that might be just me). My question is if we can't get any of those guys would you want Kwame Brown?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'd rather bring Thomas back than Best. Next year Carter, Kidd and RJ will be doing most of the ballhandling, and I'm hoping Zoran gets consistent minutes from now on. I'm guessing Thomas would cost less (even if it's not much) and also not need as many minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts