Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Mavs are vastly underated at this time, I think when Damp gets back and you have stack healthy with Van Horn and Marquis on your bench with henderson come playoff time will be huge.Not to mention armstrong and harris in the point guard rotation.I like our chances to get to the western confernce Finals and possibly get to the finals.I like our chances if we play the heat when we were healthy we have beaten the Heat both times we play them.The only team that gives me worries is San Antonio.The Suns can run and gun but i tink we can and will expose nash's Weaknesses.Seattle isnt playoff tested either.One team that does gives me worries if healthy could be the Rockets a possible first round match up this is when DAmpier comes into play.WE really need his inside pressence to stop Yao and stay out of foul trouble.I would really loves to play the Kings in the first round but one things that worries me is the winner of the season series allways losses when they play the first round.Another dark horse to look at is denver which will probley end up from 6-8 seed range.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
mavsmania41 said:
I think the Mavs are vastly underated at this time, I think when Damp gets back and you have stack healthy with Van Horn and Marquis on your bench with henderson come playoff time will be huge.Not to mention armstrong and harris in the point guard rotation.I like our chances to get to the western confernce Finals and possibly get to the finals.I like our chances if we play the heat when we were healthy we have beaten the Heat both times we play them.The only team that gives me worries is San Antonio.The Suns can run and gun but i tink we can and will expose nash's Weaknesses.Seattle isnt playoff tested either.One team that does gives me worries if healthy could be the Rockets a possible first round match up this is when DAmpier comes into play.WE really need his inside pressence to stop Yao and stay out of foul trouble.I would really loves to play the Kings in the first round but one things that worries me is the winner of the season series allways losses when they play the first round.Another dark horse to look at is denver which will probley end up from 6-8 seed range.
I agree with everything you said, except Denver being a darkhorse. They could potentially surprise the Suns or Sonics and get into the 2nd round, but I don't see them going deep. But maybe that's what you were getting at anyway.

People are letting us fly under the radar, and we don't even have our whole team back and healthy. A lot of people will be surprised by us in the playoffs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I personally like being underrated...to surprise skeptics otherwise. It's much like the 2002-2003 season; it was an amazing season for the Mavs. It was at a time where nobody but their fans believed in them...and I much rather have that, we don't need the rest of the world's approval because we know the Mavs are a wonderful team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts