7. Latrell Sprewell
8. Cuttino Mobley
9. Eddie Jones
10.Jerry Stackhouse

Small Fowards

1. Paul Pierce
2. Michael Jordan
3. Jalen Rose
4. Pau Gasol (He's gonna be one of the best ever)
5. Shawn Marion
6. Pedrag Stojakovic
7. Rashard Lewis
8. Lamar Odom
9. Caron Butler
10.Shane Battier

Power Fowards

1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dirk Nowitski
4. Chris Webber
5. Rasheed Wallace
6. Jermaine O'neal
7. Antonio Mcdyess - If Healthy
8. Elton Brand
9. Ben Wallace
10.Karl Malone
10.Marcus Camby

Centers

1. Shaquille O'neal (of course)
2. Dikembe Mutombo
3. Alonzo Mourning
4. Vlade Divac
5. Keon Clark
6. Theo Ratliff
7. Elden Campbell
8. Yao Ming
9. Brad Miller
10.Eddy Curry (yep I say he's top 10 next yr

Top 10 players in the entire league

1. Shaquille O'neal
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Dirk Nowitski
6. Jason Kidd
7. Tracy Mcgrady (for the fact he can play the 3 puts him higher than Iverson on this particular list.)
8. Paul Pierce
9. Gary Payton
10.Allen Iverson
10.Chris Webber

Note: Some players such as Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitski, and Pau Gasol all play different positions, and it's hard to rate them at a certain position...I believe Gasol is a top 10 Power Foward as well as SF..same with KG and Dirk, they're both top 2 small fowards

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Stephon Marbury belongs on your PG list. He's a better PG than Terrell Brandon, and probably better than Nick Van Exel today.

Kandi is a better center than Campbell... improving offensively and better defensively.

Raef LaFrentz is a top 10 center too.

John Stockton is a better PG than Terrell Brandon, even today.

David Robinson is still probably a better center than Elden Campbell and Brad Miller. He's still a top 10 C.

Jason Terry belongs on your SG list somewhere, if not the PG list. He's better than Cuttino Mobley.

Antoine Walker belongs on your top 10 PF list.

If you count Antawn Jamison as a SF, he belongs around 6. If you count him as a PF, he's better than Karl Malone.

That's all for now. The list isn't actually that bad, minus the states exceptions.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
no slander on your judge of talent --- but --- I would wait to see how these rook's pan out a little bit before rating them a top 10 at their position

it is indeed quite possible that Jay and Caron could crack the top 10 at the end of this coming season. (it'll be harder for Caron, considering the plethora of superior talent at the swing spots in the NBA)

I'd really have to wait and see how these rooks play against the established vets for a little while before ranking them in there

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KC..why Tmac at number 1 for shooting guard? Good argument on who's the better player, but at shooting guard slot, I say it's Kobe..Small Foward, Tmac may have the edge...but for the fact that Kobe gets down n dirty on the defensive end and hits big shots gives him the edge....What are your reasons on why Tmac should be the #1 shooting guard?

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Marbury man..preciate it

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by MiSTa iBN
KC..why Tmac at number 1 for shooting guard? Good argument on who's the better player, but at shooting guard slot, I say it's Kobe..Small Foward, Tmac may have the edge...but for the fact that Kobe gets down n dirty on the defensive end and hits big shots gives him the edge....What are your reasons on why Tmac should be the #1 shooting guard?

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Marbury man..preciate it
LOL, I think we had this discussion on RealGM.......

IMO, Kobe is overrated defensively.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
You probably believe Kobe is over-rated because he plays with Shaq.

Of course TMac has done nothing to justify consideration over Kobe and his 3 titles, but as you said it is your opinion, and we have to judge your opinion by what you write on here and gauge its worth accordingly, for better or worse.

Now if you care to provide an analysis of why TMac is better feel free. I will respond.

I believe you may start with what Jordan did his first few years with the Bulls and try to make a parallel. I will contend Jordan was not that great those first few years and it took him a while to become the player he eventually did become. TMac may be a "highlight" guy like MJ his first few years, though not nearly as many highlights, but he has not shown he can take anything but his mouth to the next level with useless guarantees.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Go to the main board and look in the archives if you want to know what I think about this subject......

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
T-Mac is the best shooting guard in the NBA. Kobe's defense IS overrated.

I won't step into this argument again. Our discussion on RealGM really covered it beyond normal bounds.

Caron Butler does not belong on this list. He is the 0th best anything because he's never played a single game. Similarly, Jay Williams and Yao Ming don't deserve any recognition either. How can one rank these players if they have never played against any of the other players?

If you are going to include the rookies, perhaps Yao Ming is up there, but Jay Williams is probably not.

And Caron Butler is definitely not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts