Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
These are the top 25 guys that I would want to start at Center for my team next year, excluding incoming rookies. I am including guys that play at power forward a lot of the time because they make up about half of the NBA's best centers. There are a lot of guys with potential, but I am only counting guys with starter potential for next year, not three years from now.

1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Tim Duncan
3. Alonzo Mourning
4. Jermaine O'Neal
5. Ben Wallace
6. Dikembe Mutombo
7. Vlade Divac
8. Rasheed Wallace
9. Michael Olowakandi
10. Theo Ratliff
11. Antonio McDyess
12. Lorenzen Wright
13. Antonio Davis
14. Brad Miller
15. Todd MacColloch
16. Elden Campbell
17. Marcus Camby
18. Zydrunas Ilgauskas
19. Raef Lafrentz
20. David Robinson
21. Kurt Thomas
22. Eddy Curry
23. Brendan Haywood
24. Keon Clark
25. Tony Battie

I'm sure I've forgotten someone, but I'm damn serious about the rankings of the players I listed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ZO IN FRONT OF SHAQ R U CRAZY? THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE <strike>DUMBEST </strike> THING IVE EVER HEARD.<b><font color=blue>(It is his own opinion, and he doesn't need someone telling him his "opinion" is dumb. Thanks. TR)</b></font>

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
This is my top 10:

1) Shaq
2) Duncan
3) Mourning
4) Ben Wallace
5) Olowakandi
6) Mutumbo
7) Divac
8) D-Rob
9) Campbell
10) Brad Miller

Ratliff hasn't played for like 1 and half year.....i would first like to see him play b4 puttin' him in the top 10.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SPMJ</b>!
This is my top 10:

1) Shaq
2) Duncan
3) Mourning
4) Ben Wallace
5) Olowakandi
6) Mutumbo
7) Divac
8) D-Rob
9) Campbell
10) Brad Miller

Ratliff hasn't played for like 1 and half year.....i would first like to see him play b4 puttin' him in the top 10.
Question: Why is Olowokandi ranked so much higher than Miller? Why is Miller ranked so low. At Indiana he averaged 15 points. Only 2 "true" centers averaged more points. Zo and Shaq that is.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
1.Duncan
2.Shaq
3.J.Oneal
4.B.Wallace
5.Zo
6.Ratliff
7.Kandi
8.Miller
9.Wright
10.Camby

I really think Wright will do great this season same with Miller and Kandi

·
Registered
514 Posts
How can you guys put power forwards on this list, I mean about five of those guys play the PF spot exclusively and a couple of the players are even on the same team.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KBStAt</b>!
ZO IN FRONT OF SHAQ R U CRAZY? THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD
Did you miss the little smily face at the bottom of the post. I still wonder why people can not recognize sarcasm on this board.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
My top 25 centers in the league.

1) Shaq
2) Zo
3) whoever........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most of those guys arent even centers. Also, if you're counting power fowards who occasionally play center than you all are idiots for ranking Alonzo Mourning and Ben Wallace ahead of Jermaine O'Neal. Jermaine O'Neal is 23 years old and has drasticly improved the past 2 years, if he improves as much as he has the past 2 years this year then hell be an MVP candidate, so why would you rank an old washed up player like Alonzo Mourning and an overrated guy with the worst offense in the NBA Ben Wallce higher? Also why is Brad Miller so so so underrated? Brad Miller and Brent barry are far and away the 2 most underrated players in the NBA. I have seen many games where Brad Miller got 25+ points 10+ boards, the guys a better center than Olowokandi or Lafrentz so whatever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know why some of you all fail to read my post, but I specifically said these are guys who I would want starting at center next year, even if they don't usually play center. Antonio McDyess played Center a lot a few years ago for Denver, and was quite succesful. I just think that guys like Dice, Sheed, Jermaine, and Big Ben are some of the best center sin the NBA. It's just NBA teams are too scared to play them exclusively at Center because they are scared of Shaq. Shaq will torch you wether you have Sheed on him or Brad Miller on him. Are teams scared of playing a pf at center because they are scared of "true" centers like Todd MacColloch, Brad Miller, or Dikembe Mutombo dropping 30 on them? Well, news flash, the guys I just listed are solid centers, but they are nothing to be afraid of. Rasheed Wallace would roast Todd MacColloch, and I don't think he'd have too many problems guarding him either.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
1.Shaq
2. Zo
3.Ben Wallace
4.Mutombo
5.Olowakandi

And remember that Zo is actually a PF since he's only 6'10"-6'11"

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
1.Shaq
2. Zo
3.Ben Wallace
4.Mutombo
5.Olowakandi

And remember that Zo is actually a PF since he's only 6'10"-6'11"
Height doesn't matter IF one thinks like a center, plays like a center, and has NEVER played PF - such is the case with Zo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts