Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://basketballboards.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2035608&postcount=256

Let me jump in here and lay down some props for my candidate as "player who had the biggest impact on changing the game over to the current 'right way' trend"- one Tayshaun Prince.

Yes, coming out of Kentucky, people laughed at bullsville, who said that Krause needed to get Tay, the hell with JayDoesn'tanymore. 'Tayslow', they called him. Not enough quickness for the NBA. Skinny like a crack whore, he'll never be able to sniff the rim in the bigs. Ugly shot.

Bullsville told them all, no, Tayshaun is a player. He's quicker than he looks, with his freak arms he can play well off a man and still get a hand in his face. You can't get past him because he plays so far off you. He's skinny, but he played PF at Kentucky, he's no wimp. He can guard all kinds of different players. He's not a pretty dribbler, but you can't press his teams because the guards will just have him bring the ball upcourt.

Well, for most of the first round, nobody believed. Bullsville thought maybe the impossible was about to happen- not one NBA team was going to take Tayshaun in the first round, and the Bulls were going to steal him at the top of the 2nd round. Bullsville still gets goosebumps just thinking about it, we finally had the new Pippen.

But damn that old Bulls nemesis, Joe Dumars. Not only did he defend MJ one on one about as well as anyone ever did, now he's taking over the conference. He already stole Ben Wallace from Orlando, and his talent-spotting arse just took Tayshaun with the 23rd pick. Oh well, Bullsville figured he would have the last "laugh" when Tayshaun became a bona-fide NBA star... although the laughter would be empty, since he's not doing it as a Bull...

Carlisle was just as blind, he didn't bother playing Tayshaun his entire rookie year. The Pistons played well enough, why should he?

Well next thing you know, the playoffs roll around and the Pistons are down 3-1 in the first round to the Magic, and TMac is making Detroit look bad. Finally, Joe D tells Carlisle to get his head out his arse and get Tayshaun in the game. He does, Tayshaun shuts down TMac, and the Pistons become the 7th team ever to come back from 3-1 down to win the series. They go on to the EC Finals, Tayshaun becomes a starter the next year, they win the Finals with Tayshaun being the Artest and Kobe stopper, and now no-superstar, team-oriented, defense-first ball is the all the rage.

And it all started with Tayshaun shutting down TMac to lead the Pistons back from the almost insurmountable 3-1 series deficit. Now Tayshaun has been the Pistons leading scorer since the All-Star break.

Now teams are looking more and more at guys who, like Tayshaun, played 4 years of college ball, know the fundamentals, know that defense is just as important as offense, know how to play the game.

The Leader of the Sausage People listed a lot of names, Battier, Andre Miller, etc who are the face of the new NBA. I'm just saying that IMHO, Tayshaun is the poster boy with his all-around skills.

Jerry West? A little out-dated, I say Tayshaun Prince for the new logo.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Good post, and very true. I think alot of peeps were sleepin on Tay in that draft and Im GLAD. :cheers:

·
Registered
610 Posts
As a UK fan..
I wanted the C's to draft Prince so bad.
He alone can take over a game on Offense or Defense.
Tay really didn't play A whole lot of in your face Defense until his senior year, Then he started swatting like crazy. Now his blocks in the NBA all make the highight real. His shooting stroke is TRUE to the bone too.
You guys got a real player there..

I dread seeing him tonight against the C's though :(
Hopefully Paul can hold him down.

PdP

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Paul doesn't seem to be able to hold him down, but Pierce is one of those guys Prince has trouble shutting down. They seem to cancel each other out through purely their offence. My guess if both of them are going to have big games regardless of the outcome.

Nice post Bullsville. I love how you talk about yourself in the third person all the time too lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts