Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My opinion is that the Timberwolves have everything it take to be a legitiment continder for the NBA title, except for one thing, a star player at the opposite end of the spectrum.

This is what i mean by spectrum:

Widest = center
then power forward
then small forward
then shooting guard
then point guard

now look at the lakers,

Center = Shaq
PF=Average
SF=a little more than average
SG=Kobe Bryant
PG = a little less than average

Other then Shaq and Kobe, the Lakers dont have the kind of diverity like the Mavs or the Kings. But they have at least one player who can hold his own on each side, Front court and Backcourt.

Same with the Celtics, its a little smaller, but the Celtics also have quite a bit more diversity than the lakers.

I know what your thinking, "The T-wolves do have a second player, Wally Szerbiak" But here is my point:

Wally Szerbiak is a scorer, as is Kevin Garnett, and they both provide alot of help on the boards. But if the Twolves had Jason Kidd to take the Backcourt and get the ball to the scorers, it would make it a whole lot easier on KG and Wally because you cant expect Kevin Garnett and Wally Szerbiak to give themselves a great behind the back pass on a run, like Jason Kidd would provide. The T-Wolves would not be a major force to be reckoned with if they had a player to glue the team together. The main point is that the Twolves have a team packed with talent, but talent means nothing without balance.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by STING
My opinion is that the Timberwolves have everything it take to be a legitiment continder for the NBA title, except for one thing, a star player at the opposite end of the spectrum.

This is what i mean by spectrum:

Widest = center
then power forward
then small forward
then shooting guard
then point guard

now look at the lakers,

Center = Shaq
PF=Average
SF=a little more than average
SG=Kobe Bryant
PG = a little less than average

Other then Shaq and Kobe, the Lakers dont have the kind of diverity like the Mavs or the Kings. But they have at least one player who can hold his own on each side, Front court and Backcourt.

Same with the Celtics, its a little smaller, but the Celtics also have quite a bit more diversity than the lakers.

I know what your thinking, "The T-wolves do have a second player, Wally Szerbiak" But here is my point:

Wally Szerbiak is a scorer, as is Kevin Garnett, and they both provide alot of help on the boards. But if the Twolves had Jason Kidd to take the Backcourt and get the ball to the scorers, it would make it a whole lot easier on KG and Wally because you cant expect Kevin Garnett and Wally Szerbiak to give themselves a great behind the back pass on a run, like Jason Kidd would provide. The T-Wolves would not be a major force to be reckoned with if they had a player to glue the team together. The main point is that the Twolves have a team packed with talent, but talent means nothing without balance.
If they could get Joe Smith to show up, that'd make them all the more potent. What has happened to that guy?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts