Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of these players, how do you think their injuries will affect them next year?

Vince Carter
Antonio McDyess
Shaq
Grant Hill
Tracy McGrady

I think most people agree that Grant Hill is going to come back a much weaker player. I can't think of anyone who came back strong after missing basically two years due to injuries.

But what about the others? Other than the gained weight, Shaq's injury didn't appear to slow him down too much, but anytime you hear the word 'arthritic' you know it's only going to get worse.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I can't think of anyone who came back strong after missing basically two years due to injuries."

Benard King and Nique tore his ACL in 92 I think it was and
he came back strong for about 3 more seasons.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had forgotten about Nique who missed all of 96 but I did check the stats for King and it doesn't show him missing that many games- certainly not two seasons worth of games. BTW if pro athletes need a reason not to name their children after themselves I'll give them one- my web search for King came back showing only links for Bernard King Jr., who plays for Texas A&M.

·
Registered
427 Posts
that's not right....One year he played like 50 games and
only like a handful of another.He had recontructive Knee
surgery.This guy was a real scorer.He could have been
a better all round player,but he was really good.After
the knee injury people(or atleast the ones I knew)
thought he was all done.If he would have played abit
longer he would have joined the 20,000 club.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I see it now, I was looking for a DNP on the stat sheet, but they just skipped the whole season. He played only 55 games in 85, missed the entire 86 season, and then only played in 6 games in 87. That's pretty amazing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Shaq is the strongest guy in the league, I can't see an injury effecting him for at least 3 more years. Grant Hill is recovering, but may not be completely well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Grant Hill is recovering and is for the first time 100% healthy and I am sure Doc Rivers will know not to risk him in games when he is not looking like he can play alot of minutes and I'm sure he's still going to put up some affecting numbers because I remember the few games he played last season he put up alot of points and his season high was 28 points if my memory doesn't fail me, it's 28 points or higher.

Shaq will be back, that toe injury won't effect him so don't fool yourself he was looking great during the playoffs with that injury. He's going to not have surgery and just continue with the not perfect toe, don't depend on his toe to fail him or anything though he still has the Superman power.

I don't know why you put McGrady on that list because even with the bad back he can put up 35 points, 5 repounds, 5 assist on any given night so it doesn't really matter. He's been working on the back and has no problem, besides your back will eventually have problems during the playoffs after you carry a team who is crap besides you for 82 games to 5th seed, that's no push-over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts